Frequent Contributor

Earth Brite applicator sponge

So I have this clay cleanser and my sponge is no longer usable. Any recommendations on what type of sponge I can use? I've reached out to HSN and the response was that it works best with the original applicator, however they do not sell it alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Earth Brite applicator sponge

Is it those 3 tubs of hard-rock clay that Q sells to clean 'everything'?  I bought once and dumped it cuz it's so hard to use - stupid me - bought it again = dumped it again.     For the sponge I think any style - color - size should work IF it can hold up to rubbing & rubbing that hard clay.  Nothing special about their applicator that I can see.  Glad that stuff works for you - I'll stick with spray bottle cleaners.

Respected Contributor

HSN has it on sale today think 3 tubs for $29.99 got 4 out of 5 stars I never brought it so I don't know what it is like. 

Honored Contributor

I have the Bio Cleaner version of that stuff.  The only thing I really use it for is getting hairspray overspray off my mirrors.  My closet doors are full length bi-fold mirrors, so it's easy to get overspray on them.  It still takes a lot of scrubbing and then using the microfiber clots to get them perfect, but it seems to be the best thing I have found to get it off.  I do love those waffle weave microfiber cloths for cleaning glass.  Regular microfiber cloths get stuff stuck in the nap and you can't get it out.  

Their demo on the kitchen sink, you can do that with Bar Keeper's Friend.  

Seems to me you could use a Scrub Daddy in place of the little scrubbie.  

Respected Contributor

SCRUB DADDY.

Just slightly moisen the sponge and swipe on the clay - excellent.

I use that stuff to scrub my face with my sonic brush - it makes my pores invisible and my skin smoother than silk.

love the organic realness of the product.

My derm looked at it and gave me his nod of approval too, but said to go easy as a hard hand can hurt my skin.

Regular Contributor

I noticed QVC sells some sponges and cloths alone.  Look under Bio-Clean

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replys. I had originally tried using a regular sponge and it did not work the same. Which is why I reached out to HSN with no luck.

@scruffsmom, I did find the sponges here on the Q, placed my ordered yesterday. I'm thinking they are the same or very close. Not a bad price for 10 of them.

Thanks again everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These sponges would work. They are made for the Bio Cleaner clay  product which is similar to the Earth Brite cleaner. This set has free shipping:

https://www.qvc.com/Bio-Cleaner-10-Clay-Cleaner-Sponges-%26-4-Microfiber-Towels.product.M115372.html...

@vonIam