Esteemed Contributor

Numbers 1 & 4 for me. #1 - I'm seeing samples of lower cabinets  being a different color from upper cabinets. I think I'd like it better if it was varied shades of same color. #4 looked clean to me. 

If the last one had higher ceiling (as poster mentioned) I could like that one. Also, with the exception of real green pIants, I'm not a fan of 'junk' on top of cabinets in kitchen. Looks messy to me.

Thank you for posting the pics. Always fun to look.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I love farm tables.  I have a very large kitchen with a "bump out" of 4 very large octagon windows off of it.  One of the first things we purchased when we moved into this house was a large farm table.  It seats 8.  We don't use it that often but that's okay.  We usually eat at one of the islands.  I like tables in the kitchen, but prefer an island where all the prep is done.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a dinette just off my kitchen.   Would much rather use the dinette rather than my formal dining room for everyday meals.   Only use my formal dining room for special occasions.    My kitchen is too narrow for an island.  But if I could have an island, I would still want my dinette or eat in kitchen.  

Frequent Contributor

Nicksmom, I agree with you about all wood tables and hard chairs.  I have been looking for a new set, but haven't had any luck.  Can you recommend a particular store, or possibly post a photo of your set so I can show the salespeople what I am looking for? Thanks so much!!

Honored Contributor

While I'm not loving any of the dining furniture in the OP, I like the idea of an eat-in kitchen with a table and chairs... My world can be fully complete without a kitchen island and bar stools...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Seems my childhood homes all had such an arrangement.  I learned to sew on a kitchen table.  It is a loss to not have such gathering place.  I always have to laugh about everyone crowding around a island at informal occasions.

Totally vote for a formal dining room AND a big kitchen table.

Trusted Contributor

#4 and #5 are my favorites. All my company seem to gather in my kitchen anyway. lol

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of so many windows and I really dislike open shelves. However, I love big farm tables. My antique table has five leaves and I extended it for Christmas 2019 when we had 50 people over. It held all the appetizers and desserts the family brought and the counters had all the hot foods. People commented about our nice set up.

Honored Contributor

I prefer having a true eat-in kitchen like we had in our big house.  islands are popular now but I don't care for them.  I like a table and chair set like the ones below, I particularly like the last pictiure.  

Honored Contributor

#2 and #3 have support braces at the bottom of the end of the table.  If you get stuck in that seat, just where are you supposed to put your feet?