Honored Contributor

Eye opening, I'd say...

shome_image009_RGB_1080x707_2018670.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Eye stabbing, I would say.  Too much for me.  The only thing I like in this room is the club chair on the right.  No thank you to everything else, sorry!

Honored Contributor

I like it, all but the carpet. The carpet seems like an afterthought, as if someone's relative had given it to them and they couldn't refuse. The rest of the room seems more personal.

These camera angles always make everything seem more crowded. I'm curious to see more of the kitchen in the background and how it fits with the rest of the house. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

It made me giggle, but I'm still processing it. Might be okay if the walls weren't golden yellow.

Honored Contributor

Too much blue.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Baby puke yellow walls would have to go.

Honored Contributor

I like the club chair and floor covering. All else is ugly and that paint color is a crime!

Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Say Color...

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I like it, all but the carpet. The carpet seems like an afterthought, as if someone's relative had given it to them and they couldn't refuse. The rest of the room seems more personal.

These camera angles always make everything seem more crowded. I'm curious to see more of the kitchen in the background and how it fits with the rest of the house. 

@GingerPeach  Unfortunately, there were no other kitchen pictures, but if you right click and open this picture in a new tab it enlarges and you get a better sense of the kitchen. Incidentally, the dining room I've also posted is from the same house and most of the house is highly color saturated, with a few exceptions. There are several rooms and many elements I find appealing, but overall, I'd probably take things down a few notches. Like you, I think the carpet here is a big part of the problem, though the decorator clearly was on a color overload mission. Who knows, maybe that was the client's request. Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like the horse...the rest is awful.

Respected Contributor

I'd run screaming.  Maybe fun for a hotel stay, but THAT'S IT for me.  Whew.  Breaking out into a sweat.  Way over the top.