Honored Contributor

I love the first picture, that is something I would definitely have in my home.

Honored Contributor

I like it in offices, or in the basement. Definitely not in Living Rooms, bedrooms, or Dining Rooms~!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

No, to all of them.  We do have a world map that we use push pins on to highlight the places we've been around the world displayed in a prominent place,

@kaydee50  We have the same thing in our house.

Honored Contributor

Although I find maps interesting to study, I don't find them highly decorative in a living space.  I'd rather have something colorful, textured with interesting shapes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would probably put a map decor in a den, library or basement.  I wouldn't like it anywhere else.  Also I wouldn't have a huge picture as shown in the first photo.

Respected Contributor

The first pic looks nice in the office setting.  I wouldn't put those large prints in any other room.

The pics with the smaller prints don't look bad in a family room, or possibly maybe just 1 or 2 in a living room.

The pics remind me of some Joanna Gaines did a few times when they found the prints while renovating.  She displayed them nicely.

Honored Contributor

I love maps, so I love these.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Done well, it's a rarefied and "old school" look.  I've always LOVED geography and maps, the "well-traveled" look.  Love vintage maps in old frames.  The only one I have is an antique map of southern Ontario, Canada (which ironically, I got in an antique store in New Orleans).

I had it framed and matted, and it looks great.  I haven't had it up for a while-- there's a spot in my living room where I hang a moody fall tree landscape, and I alternate that with the framed map.  The sepia tones look good against robin's egg walls.

now I see how we are connected!!!!   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I could see a beautiful decorative map in  pretty frame or even a handsome map framed nicely, but not an entire wall of them. None of those pictured really does much for me, and I tend to agree with the suggestion that past a point it begins to look like a classroom circa 1965 during geography class...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...