Valued Contributor

I feel odd asking this but....Im decorating a new bedroom and would love some input. Im loving this new bed set and need some ideas to make the room more glam and cozy.  Not sure if i should go for light pink curtains or white... bench or chair? Theres so much stuff online my heads spinning.

Im also looking for lamps, gold accents mirrors. Please let me know if you happen to see something that may compliment this style. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 10.36.13 PM.png

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@mintedrose  ECBG has an extensive design background, and knows just about everything related to decorating. She would be a wonderful resource!

Every picture I've seen is so well put together--everything from fashion to home decor. She has a very charming home, courtesy of her unique style, and I'm sure she would have some great recommendations.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

That is a beautiful bed set. Nice start to build a room from. I have no ideas for you but have fun making this room your cozy retreat. ❤️

Valued Contributor

Re: Decor help please

[ Edited ]

The only thing I can think of is going with a light gray curtain since it's a complement to pink. To me, that would make it cozy.  I do hope ECBG chimes in, because I agree, she always has such great ideas.

It's a very pretty bed set. Nice choice!

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose   Just my opinion...I would use a white curtain or a bottom up/top down blind and a window topper for color....and a chair with a nice throw over that chair that coordinates with the room.

The bedding is pretty, so I would not add any more pattern to the room.

I like gold accents...buying online is something I rarely do.  If you are able to shop in a store, I'd go to a store and look at the items.

I have found that a room comes together slowly.  I have never purchased everything for a room in just a few weeks....Have fun!!

Esteemed Contributor

@mintedrose :White or ivory curtains only. Whatever coordinates best with the background color of your comforter. Do you plan to paint? Probably Yes,  Choose a neutral color with white trim, as deep as you like to go. I think a bedroom can go richer in hue than the public rooms of a house. 

I like the idea of gold metal accents pieces. Bench or chair- your call based on the dimensions of the room. You can go for pink or any color you choose for this piece.

Enjoy the process. It's been over a year since I did my last project. I think the next one will be my bedroom, too- starting with having the dresser, chest , TV stand and tables painted.

Esteemed Contributor

@mintedrose  I would add an antique looking large mirror (with gold trim) if you can find one.   I would put it on a fancy stand and put it in the corner of the room.  Definately go with the white curtains keeping it simple and fresh.  IMO, too much window decor takes away from the beauty of the room and light coming in.  Have fun!!!  I love decorating, just a hobby for me.  EnjouSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal  @mintedrose   If you find a mirror you love, you can always paint the frame gold.  I did that with a mirror with an awful color wood frame, and painted it (with a brush) silver.  I didn't even have to take it off the wall.  I just put masking tape on the mirror around the frame and since it stuck out a little from the wall, just painted it where it hung.

It turned out fantastic, so don't be afraid of paint if you find something you like but in the wrong color. 

I would also go with the white or ivory curtains, and would get a nightstand with gold metal legs and a white top.  Pier 1 has some small tables with gold metal legs "Estelle Geometric Gold Nesting Tables" and they are having a big sale now because they are closing.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

What color are the walls? If the walls are white or a neutral color I would pick light pink curtains. If grey, pink would be beautiful. If your walls are a print or bold color, then white curtains.

As far as bench or chair I think it depends on how you want to use it. For reading or relaxing I would go with a chair. If you need space to put things I would choose a bench. If just for decor, I think a bench looks good at the foot of a bed if the bed has no footboard.

Honored Contributor

Re: Decor help please

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

@mintedrose  ECBG has an extensive design background, and knows just about everything related to decorating. She would be a wonderful resource!

Every picture I've seen is so well put together--everything from fashion to home decor. She has a very charming home, courtesy of her unique style, and I'm sure she would have some great recommendations.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@ECBG

Your expertise is needed!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.