Honored Contributor

These two are smaller in size than the first ones that I posted-

Valued Contributor

Re: Decor help please

[ Edited ]

Can i say that Im so excited you guys replied. Smiley Very Happy

Its a small room but I may transition this whole set up when we move into a house with more roam and paint the wall. Until now I need something to keep me inspired because the room looks so bland. 

@ECBG  The room is small, 11' by 14' white paint on walls.The bed is very similar to the one in the picture with light wood and beige fabric. There is roam for one chair and a bench. Do I do pink bench or white fuzzy chair? Clear lamps with gold trim or gold silver /pink ones? Theres also 2 night stands, one dresser with mirror that matches the bed set. The carpet is a very dark gray. 

Here are a couple of things i was admiring right now but not sure how it would make the room look. I want it to feel cozy but also glam. I want the room to look like everything ties together  Smiley Very Happy

@lolakimono  thanks you for posting those lamps and mirrors, I love them!! 

Amara Pink Velvet Upholstered Tufted Bench

Pin on Baby's

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mintedrose   Tufting is hard to keep clean.  You need to vacuum it, and it's not easy, especially if you have pets that shed.  Otherwise, I like the idea of a bench.

I don't like the swinging chair.  Also, if you're in an apartment it would make a large hole in the ceiling that you would need to repair and paint when you moved out.  Just something to think about.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose 

What about something like this? (It's velvet, so there is your touch of "glam.")

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  oooohhh I love the idea of pink velvet, i love the luxurious look and feel of it too. Maybe also do velvet curtains too? Im getting so excited already, I love decorating .... its so much fun! Smiley LOL

I know im going off topic here but heres a pic of the last guest room I decorated for my mom when she visited. I know It doesnt hold a light to what the interior decorators can do but its was worth a try. I only had 3 weeks to do this. Let me know what you think or what I couldve done different. I love your inputs. 

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

Honored Contributor

The one thing that comes to mind right away is that my husband would never want to see that bedspread on a bed in this house, especially the one he sleeps in.   

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose I would suggest Lola's gold and pink chair with gold legs if you still want a gold mirror.  I need to see the mirror you're considering and pictures of the bed and side table would be good if you can take a picture of the room with your phone.

WHERE is that mirror going?  above the bed?  Over a large dresser?  Above a chest of drawers?

I would suggest you also look up "shabby chic" bedrooms (images) and see what strikes your eye.  The bed is always the strongest focal point in any room unless you have something like a wall long antique French armoire.

I'll be off of the boards shortly until about 10:00pm.  We're having our son's birthday dinner this evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mintedrose 

FIRST, are we doing the master bedroom?

These are the drapes I would suggest for a romantic room.  Your bedspread is romantic.

Vermont County Store  Ship over $65 free

Privacy Lined Rod Pocket Semi-Sheer Panel

Sheer, privacy lined

I would also suggest you go to Pottery Barn and look at the tie top drapes.  They're in dove or Ivory.  I'd let whatever you get puddle in the floor.

30 Cool Shabby Chic Bedroom Decorating Ideas Shabby, Romantic ...

Do you like this room?  What exactly is good and bad.  I need to know your taste.

I'm sure you wouldn't use the bench at the bottom of the bed, neither would I.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG Hi! yes it is a master. I love the curtains but do you think velvet would be better to match with a velvet chair ? 

I like a few decor styles, some glam mixed with romantic, modern, nature inspired, mediterrenean and some french country. 

The room in the picture looks comfy but its not me. its the antique mixed with farm house i think. I dont like the furniture or accents. Im so sorry. I feel bad saying it.