Respected Contributor

Microwave Placement

[ Edited ]

I have the microwave on a counter that is between the fridge and the stove.  Now I am wondering if this is a good place for it? Thoughts and advice please!Woman Happy

Contributor

The fridge is not a problem, the stove is though.  The heat from the stove or oven can damage the internal mechanics of a microwave.  I have mine above a counter.  If you have enough room, purchase one of the microwave carts to put your microwave on.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

ours is on our wall......above the cooktop and below a small storage cabinet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Before I moved, I had it on a cabinet that was in the dining area since there was no room in the tiny kitchen. Now I have a large kitchen and not much to put in it lol.

I was wondering about the microwave being right next to the stove! I have plenty of room to move it onto another counter area. Thank you, that does help alot!Man Very Happy

Respected Contributor

ONE other question is it ok to put it directly onto the counter tops?!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear  I've always placed my microwave directly on my formica counter top.  Not sure how it would work on other materials....quartz, marble, etc.

Contributor

Yes it is.  I have 3 microwaves and one is on the counter.

Esteemed Contributor

Microwaves are often  (more often than not)  built in right  above stoves,so why should the heat from cooking affect it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Microwave Placement

[ Edited ]

In fact NOTHING at all should be escaping from your microwave.

If heat or microwaves are excaping and ruining your counter top,get rid of it,it is defective and dangerous!

Sorry for another new post but for somereason I couldn't add on to my prev post..........

Respected Contributor

For me, I would not give up an inch of counter space for a microwave.  Mine is an above the stove microwave, it contains two exhaust fans and an under counter light.  Looks great, works well and I am a happy camper!