Trusted Contributor

Here is an example of the door gift we will be giving at our reunion.

20200708_123959

This was just my work sample.  The ones to be given will have a green star because Grandpa lived in Green County when he immigrated and was a cheesemaker and then became a farmer.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Come on, other crafters.  What have you done recently or what are you doing now?  Let's keep this thread going!!!

Why Do People Like Arts and Crafts? » Residence Style

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I haven't yet looked for a few of those decoupge plaques......

Recalling painting the background in dark reddish brown.  Then pasting with ModPodge various cut-outs from various art magazines or catalog pages.  Old world types of paintings and images.  Then clear-coating with gloss ModPodge.  

Each wood plaque was cut (purchased at craft stores) in a beveled design.  Not completely sharp square or rectangle.

It was much fun, and very easy.  Wondering if there are decoupage DIY's somewhere out there.  Haven't looked.  (Yet).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I'm relying on the expertise of some of you more experienced crafters to help me in one aspect of a craft that I want to do for our family reunion.

I purchased one of those foldable presentation boards made of cardboard.  I want to cover it with fabric.  What adhesive should I use?  I don't want "bumps" of adhesive showing, don't want the adhesive to made the fabric bleed, etc.  I just want a nice smooth background for other items that will be displayed.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Trusted Contributor

I am really getting back into crocheting.  I just love it, it is so relaxing.  So many nice videos on the internet.