Valued Contributor

@haddon9, I was a part of that group you mentioned (those were the days!) and we had the other board that someone from here developed on another site. I think of everyone often because I don't see many familiar names from back then. I'm glad you are doing well with your signs!

Trusted Contributor

I have recently gotten back into scrapbooking and card making. I took a several year hiatus but now have a grandchild and another on the way so I am determined to get and stay caught up with all my photos. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss  I'm so glad you decided to do a Crafting thread! Do you get your tote bags online or at a craft store? Also, you hit home for me with mentioning the Christmas ornaments! I used to make them, but I usually bought kits. Well, they are way too pricey for me now. I would like to do quilted ornaments, because I'm afraid to use pins and sequins because of some of my younger grandchildren. When I first got married I did about 8 quilted ornaments, but they got lost in our move. Since then, I just have not been able to successfully reproduce them. Keep posting, and I'll be following. Also, I'd love to see pics of your creations.

Honored Contributor

I used to love to make medium-small wooden decoupage plaques. 

Used Mod Podge to paste and then coat glossy clear.

Gee, I wonder what happened to them.......

It was fun and very easy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@haddon9, I was a part of that group you mentioned (those were the days!) and we had the other board that someone from here developed on another site. I think of everyone often because I don't see many familiar names from back then. I'm glad you are doing well with your signs!

@Qgirl26 Thanks!  I remember you along with several others who are no longer here but were on the crafting board back then.  I also joined that other board...I think it was "Crafting with Friends"...something like that.  It didn't last long because then suddenly Facebook became the thing and a page for our group was started and everyone went over there.

At that point I didn't participate that much since I had gotten so busy with my Etsy shop.. However I do miss those Q crafting forum exchanges!  It was a lot of fun! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9, I've never heard of cigar box purses.  I'll have to google them to see what they look like.  What do you make your signs from?  Smart idea----make money from something you enjoy doing.  Hopefully others will contribute to this thread and it will be an enjoyable spot to come and "talk" with others.

@ninjawife , it sounds like you are very talented and have experience doing an assortment of crafts.  Have you passed your talents on to someone else?

@Krimpette, I had a friend who turned a spare bedroom into a crafting room.  Her husband was a carpenter and built a shelf/table that went across a whole wall.  What a fabulous place it was.  Like you, she made cards, and I always kept the ones she sent me because they were so special.

@sometimesQVCaddict, I can only imagine the good times you and your Mom have had crafting over the years.  I can't imagine, though, having a basement full of craft supplies.  But, it is easy to buy this, then you need that, and so it goes.

Please keep in touch, everyone.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

@NickNack, I'm not very talented.  I taught for several years and just never had the time to do any crafts.  Now I have the time but not the knowledge.  I recently discovered a lot of newspaper articles, etc., so I bought a scrapbook and am going to make that my next project.  I did some cross stitch a few years ago but did not have the time to devote to finishing a project in a reasonable amount of time and gave it up.  I'm probably going to watch You Tube.  My Mom has a lot of projects started that I would like to finish and they all seem to have the lazy daisy stitch and I have no idea how to do that, so maybe You Tube will be helpful.  

@sometimesQVCaddict , thanks for the info you gave NickNack about googling for a cross stitch guild/group.  I did that and found some area resources.

@Caaareful Shopper, Wow!!!  You are talented.  To create your own art work and then produce your cards is a true gift and talent.

@Witchy Woman, what a kind thing to do----sewing baby blankets for those in need.  I need to sharpen my skills---I'm a novice at a lot of things but not an expert at anything.  So maybe now that I'm retired I can narrow the field of what I want to do for crafting and become better at it.

@Qgirl26, maybe doing some scrapbooking or making painted plaster ornaments would lift your spirits.  Cardmaking, scrapbooking, ornaments----what fun and I'm sure everyone enjoys the ornaments you made for them.  Thanks for sharing your daughter's experiences with diamond dot.  Sounds like a challenge.

@BExplorer, good idea to keep up with your scrapbooking and cardmaking.  Grandchildren grow up so fast that your scrapbooking skills will help to chronicle their lives.

@PA Mom-mom, I buy a good quality tote on-line.  I live in a small town and we don't have a JoAnne's, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby, so the pickings are rather slim.  Oh, my, quilted ornaments sound so pretty.  I love anything quilted, but I don't know how to quilt.  I don't know how to import pictures of my crafts on the forum, but I'll try later.

@ROMARY, decoupage plaques sound interesting.  Would you decoupage pictures or text, or what?  What were your resources for what you did?  I'll bet the walls in your house were so pretty with your decoupaged plaques.

Everyone, please keep posting and sharing.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Qgirl26 Thanks!  I remember you along with several others who are no longer here but were on the crafting board back then.  I also joined that other board...I think it was "Crafting with Friends"...something like that.  It didn't last long because then suddenly Facebook became the thing and a page for our group was started and everyone went over there.

At that point I didn't participate that much since I had gotten so busy with my Etsy shop.. However I do miss those Q crafting forum exchanges!  It was a lot of fun! Smiley Happy

@haddon9, I missed out once everyone went to FB because I am not on there. Plus that was about when my husband got sick and crafting was put on the back burner. It was fun while it lasted though!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy seasonal wreath making.  I use mostly silk flowers but would like to try straw flowers if I can find them.  Sometimes I can get some supplies from a thrift store (frames, flowers, ribbon, small signs, etc.).  Speaking of wreaths it's time to start thinking about my summer wreath.  June will soon be here. 

I like this one, especially the sunflowers and daisies, which sells for more than $85.00.  I can probably make it for between $20.00 and $25.00, depending on the cost of the grapevine frame.  I use wire ribbon and like the burlap.

Wildflower and Sunflower 20" Silk Wreath

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

That is a pretty wreath.  I like the pop of purple.  What a savings it would be to make it yourself.  Thanks for sharing @AnikaBrodie .