Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crafting Is Returning To QVC

I don't do scrapbooking, but I do other crafts - liking making Christmas ornaments.I hope they have a variety of crafts represented.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I don't do scrapbooking, but I do other crafts - liking making Christmas ornaments.I hope they have a variety of crafts represented.

Making Christmas ornaments is a fabulous idea @PA Mom-mom!  I make a few of my own about every other year, but I would love new ideas.   [I don't scrapbook either.] 

Occasional Contributor

It's a start, only one item shown the whole hour.  Hope there are more craft items.  The next craft show was just a re-play of the same craft show seen couple of hours earlier.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a crafter at all but I well remember the all day crafting events on QVC.  Good to see that returning for all those interested.

Valued Contributor

We used to have the best times here on the Q boards during some of those old craft days. I sure miss those days. Because of QVC, I started scrapbooking, which I still do to this day along with card making, and does anyone remember Faster Plaster? I think the vendor's name was Carol Smith who brought those kits on and I made the most beautiful Christmas ornaments. To this day, many of those ornaments go on my tree as well as my daughter's tree now. My grandchildren always say to me, did you really make those? They are very impressed and believe me, I'm not very talented but I did enjoy those kits. But I now prefer HSN for my crafts. The thing with QVC was if you bought just a few items, you found yourself paying $15 or $20 for shipping alone. They did not give breaks like HSN does. And those shipping breaks make a big difference. Now so far what I am seeing, I am not impressed with. I was looking over some of their craft items and I see some WRMK items that cost far more here than they did when offered on HSN. I am glad to see them come back with crafting but to be honest, I am not willing to pay more money to keep it here.

I am bored with the QVC2 big deal. I think most of us old time crafters already have die cutting machines. This one doesn't impress me at all. So far, they are not winning me back over. They are going to have to do better than this if they want to get my crafting dollars.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper and ALL,  

DONNA DEWBERRY is now showing on QVC 2  Make It Crafty along with other craft artists.  This is 6-8PM ET   She may have another showing /demo later. ??

Check it out! 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper and ALL,  

DONNA DEWBERRY is now showing on QVC 2  Make It Crafty along with other craft artists.  This is 6-8PM ET   She may have another showing /demo later. ??

Check it out! 

CAT

Great!! Thank you so much for the heads up @gacat123