Honored Contributor

Re: Crafting Is Returning To QVC

Actually when Susanne Runyan was on QVC she did a lot of crafts I think.

QVC did whole day crafting days.  They were all about collectibles and crafting back then.

When the economy turned and people didn't have money to craft or collect, those things went out the window.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

Wow, I never knew they did craft shows before, but I have not been here that long.

I know HSN does scrapbooking stuff.

I think this may be a good addition to QVC.  Jill posted her wreath making blog, that was nice to see.  I wonder the crafts that they will bring. 

Thanks for the post and reminder as I really want to watch it !

@Skididdy  The shows here were fantastic, much more variety than HSN, learned so much here, and spent so much here, LOL, but I doubt they will even come close to what they were.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

David Venable used to do a good job as co-host for Lisa Bearnson and Creative Keepsakes items.  I loved the shows and the products.  If QVC has shows with the newest products like they used to have, I will be watching and buying.

@Marsha2003  I loved those shows also, so much fun, and such wonderful presentations by Lisa, taught me so much as I was new to scrapbooking then.  Of course, I could open a store with what I bought, lol, told DD she will never have to buy anything. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

David Venable used to do a good job as co-host for Lisa Bearnson and Creative Keepsakes items.  I loved the shows and the products.  If QVC has shows with the newest products like they used to have, I will be watching and buying.

@Marsha2003  I loved those shows also, so much fun, and such wonderful presentations by Lisa, taught me so much as I was new to scrapbooking then.  Of course, I could open a store with what I bought, lol, told DD she will never have to buy anything. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I still have some unused Brenda Walton kits...so beautiful.  I loved all of the K&Company designers.  I was new to paper crafts back then, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking to try a new craft for the winter months....I'll be watching

Trusted Contributor

I remember when they offered scrapbook kits. At least they are offering some new and different types of merchandise.

Things were getting a bit stale!

Respected Contributor

HSN puts on the best craft days. Have purchased many items from them. Very good deals and sales. Wonder now that QVC and HSN are under the same company, if the Q is trying to emulate what works over at HSN. But if it is on Q2, I won't be watching anyway. My cable doesn't carry it and I don't like watching programs on my Iphone or computer.

Trusted Contributor

@Rockycoast, HSN will have a few craft shows on Friday, Sept. 15th with Anna Griffin.

On Oct. 3rd HSN will have a 24 Hour Craft Day.

I really enjoy the HSN Craft Day with the $5 shipping - total for all the products purchased thoughout the day - is great.

I'm not thrilled that the Q has decided to put Jill's craft show on Q2, because it is not available to most customers.  However, if I am able to, I will try to watch ... just not on my computer!

Jill Bauer - 1st craft show is on QVC2, Sept. 18 @ 10PM EST.

Respected Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@Rockycoast, HSN will have a few craft shows on Friday, Sept. 15th with Anna Griffin.

On Oct. 3rd HSN will have a 24 Hour Craft Day.

I really enjoy the HSN Craft Day with the $5 shipping - total for all the products purchased thoughout the day - is great.

I'm not thrilled that the Q has decided to put Jill's craft show on Q2, because it is not available to most customers.  However, if I am able to, I will try to watch ... just not on my computer!

Jill Bauer - 1st craft show is on @Qvc2, Sept. 18 @ 10PM EST.

Thanks for the info mzia. Will be watching for sure. I'm a card maker now. Former stained glass crafter, knitter, embroiderer,  too. Never cared for scrapbooking. It just didn't appeal to me. So many crafts, so little time!  Smiley LOL

Occasional Contributor

Yes, QVC had wonderful crafting shows BUT spoiled it with very HIGH shipping costs. USPS flat rate shipping is same cost to any state but QVC would charge ridiculous rates to Hawaii.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that QVC will be easy on non-mainlanders . . .