Honored Contributor

Could you do this?

[ Edited ]

My friend Nancy has four young adult daughters and a husband.  If she's not traveling with him, she's off somewhere around the world with one of the girls. Just watching her comings and goings makes me tired.  Anyway, I'm not criticizing her, simply noting that she and I are very different in that way.  

Well, this summer she has been in more places than I can remember.  In the middle of all of the traveling, she and her DH bought a new house in our area.  She closed on the house last Wednesday, got the key, moved in and posted pics on FB and IG. Friday of the same week, she was posting photos from Ireland.  They moved to their new house on Wednesday and left for Europe on Thursday.  We start back to work on August 8th.

When I think of moving to a new house and leaving the next day, I literally feel panicked.  I can't imaging enjoying a vacation, knowing that I had an entire house to unpack when I got home.  Could you?  It boggles my mind.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Makes me tired and anxious just reading all that.

Trusted Contributor

It would seem like "home" is just another pit-stop, nothing more than a hotel room. I couldn't do that either, I think our definition of "home" may be different than hers.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  - No, I couldn't do it.  I'm tired just reading your post.  I wish I had half her energy (and time)  - seriously.

Esteemed Contributor

Could I?  No, but I envy people that can without any fret or worry.  She is obviously living her life to the fullest without the baggage of worry.  She is carefree. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

In a heartbeat.

The house will be there when I get back. And trust me, ain't nobody gonna stop by and unpack it for me while I'm gone.

Honored Contributor

No I couldn't do it for a few reasons ...

first... I would be in a  total panic and would never be able to enjoy myself knowing I had a HOUSE to unpack and set up. 

second...financially we would not be able to travel constantly, buy a home, and do all that with a free mind.

I sounds like Nancy is financially set and also a free spirit so I can't relate to her on any level...wish I could.

Honored Contributor

WOW! Just WOW!  I can't even picture that!Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

She is the most amazing person. She is a social worker, and always the first one there to help anyone who needs it. When I had cancer in 2012, she took time to drop in on me regularly to check if I needed anything.  Her DH is substantialy older than she is, so he's been retired a long time. He's the one who does the cooking, cleaning and homemaking, but he's also with her on almost all of her jaunts, including this one to Ireland. I don't know how they do it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

sounds like she is a "have the world by the tail" kind of person.

i think it sounds exciting, exhilarating, and fun!

we should all be more like this.......as much as we can......during our time here on earth.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein