Honored Contributor

Just beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

Thank you.  I try not to be critical to offend anyone's opposing differences/tastes.

I do recall maybe a few months ago you asked me about what does interest me (or something to that affect.)  I do realize my taste is much different than most people here but I also enjoy engaging in the conversation.  I always appreciate the time & effort it takes you all to post your photos.

Wishing you a great weekend .. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous and so elegant.

Valued Contributor
Gorgeous "bones" as another poster & love the molding & woodwork. I'd change out decorations & wallpaper to my tastes though & having a runner carpet on such a gorgeous sweeping curved/fan design bottom staircase does it no justice. If the stairway were linear it would look better.

I'm all for quality vs. quantity & it's a shame contractors got greedy (though what do you expect) & started building all these cheap as possible homes large & small that need major things replaced 10-20 years later that older homes don't. Plus cheap cabinets & fixtures. It's just a mess & why so many want to update & change so much in what are to me new/er homes!

I'm actually going room by room as I can afford to remodel/refinish/upgrade with the highest quality in my mid century home. I'm willing to wait at this point to get things done right & the payout is amazing so far!!
Honored Contributor

I'm sure someone has looked at this picture and said "Dated".

I DEARLY, TRULY, HONESTLY LOVE "DATED"!

To me, "dated" is synonymous with cozy, welcoming, homey, and sweet memories. 

And it doesn't even matter what the dates of "dated" ARE!

So I can love ANY era of style, except maybe not fashionably current. 

Honored Contributor

My most favorite style of home