Respected Contributor

Re: Choosing WHITE wall color

I wont keep you in suspense any longer.

The winner is simply white (Benjamin Moore) with primer to cover the beige.

You are all informative and fun to chat with. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi   Benjamin Moore has a white paint with a slight yellow tint called Dove White.   My favorite was China White which has a tint of gray.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Not that I dislike rooms painted white, but to me it can be sterile.  Before I bought my house the apartments I rented all had white walls.  The first thing I did when I bought my house was add color to the walls.  To me color adds warmth to a room.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Not that I dislike rooms painted white, but to me it can be sterile.  Before I bought my house the apartments I rented all had white walls.  The first thing I did when I bought my house was add color to the walls.  To me color adds warmth to a room.

Ive always painted with basic white FLAT paint . I know it may not be in vogue but it is what I was raised on.  Never had an issue despite many people ( friends, contractors, relatives) insisiting that I do not use it in the Kitchen or hallways.

Honored Contributor

Congrats, @granddi , on choosing your color.  I don't think you'll regret "Simply White".  It's a very agreeable, modern, clean, but slightly warm white.  We've really liked how it performs.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the quality of BM paint .   We always bought Behr ,  but when doing our bathroom remodel we needed a paint color to go with our black   Grey and off white shades ,  off white hexagonal ceramic flooring,  black vanity, marble counters ,  very Art Deco so we needed a shade that would be neither too warm or very cool.    Lots of whites out there but looked either too pink , green , blue ,  no JUST off white .   I realize there is not any off white that doesnt have an undertone of a color .   So after trying so many samples on the walls.    We settled for BM Silver Satin ....perfect !  A white with a slight grey undertone which goes so well !  A decor person at the paint store suggested it after showing her Pics of our  BR.   Plus the paint is so high quality can't state that enough.    

Congrats on on finding your shade !!!   I know how challenging it can be. 😺

Honored Contributor

@jcash wrote:

navajo white is always a good goto white.  Been around for a long time.

When we had white walls that was the white we used.

Respected Contributor

From article in W Post Marika Myers designer

Q: Do you have favorite white or off-white paint colors?

A: I love White Dove, Chantilly Lace, Cloud White, Atrium White, Oxford White and Baby’s Breath, all by Benjamin Moore.

When I painted my hubby got semi-gloss rather than satin and I really like it!