Valued Contributor

Hi all! I need suggestions for a mattress topper that doesn't make me hot. 

We bought a mattress about a year ago and it is quite firm. I know with time it will soften, however I want a topper that makes it a little more squishy. I tried using one of those foam toppers but they make me sweat horribly at night. 

Does anyone have suggestions on a nice topper that won't break the bank? TIA

Trusted Contributor

@CritterKeeper  If you don't get any specific recommendations, you can Google "cooling mattress toppers" and a lot of information and brands comes up.  HTH  🙂

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I am not sure I understand if you already have a mattress topper, but it makes you hot. If you do keep it and buy a cooling mattress pad. It will be a lot cheaper than buying a new mattress topper. 

Trusted Contributor

yrs ago i got a 4 inch memory foam topper from khols.. i dont sweat with it.. and it was on sale.. it comes with a cover for it too... i love mine.. 

Regular Contributor

I was shopping this weekend for a mattress topper and remember seeing Kohls has some by Columbia that may be what you are looking for.  They're a bit pricey but a good night's sleep may make it worth it for you.  

Honored Contributor

In the past 20 years, I've had a series of memory foam toppers, and never had one that made me feel hot.  I've gotten most of mine on Overstock.com as they have all types with reviews.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper  I recently bought a 4" Sealy mattress topper that was on sale on Macy's website. It has memory foam infused with gel on the bottom layer and a plush layer on top of that. I'm very pleased with it.

Honored Contributor

Ventilated gel memory foam.

Valued Contributor

Re: Mattress topper

[ Edited ]

@CritterKeeper    I purchased a soft, down alternative, mattress topper from HSN a while back. I think it was the Conceirge line (might have spelled that wrong). 

It was inexpensive and held up well.....AND it prolonged the life of my uncomfortably hard mattress. 

2020 was the year I was replacing my mattress but with Covid I've decided to hold off a bit. Whenever I do replace it I will be getting rid of my old topper at that time. It has served its purpose well.

***ETA I am still in menopause and know a thing or two about hot sleeping lol......this topper did not add to that. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon