Respected Contributor

Re: Ceiling Fans - Do You Have One/Like It ??

@cbrite You can get extension drops for most ceiling fans. Your electrician will tell you this and way lay your fears. People with high ceilings should have ceiling fans to help move all that dead air space. Your A/C and heat will thank you for installing one if not two of theses in your open living area. Soon you too will be a converted addict to ceiling fans with one in every room!
Honored Contributor

I have a cathedral ceiling in my bedroom in my Townhouse and there is an extension arm that you buy for your ceiling fan so that it drops low enough for the pitch of the ceiling.

The arm on mine is pretty long so it rocks a bit when I have it on high, otherwise it's super quiet.  I also bought all Hunter fans.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have one in every room but the baths and kitchen.....they keep us so much cooler. Hunter is the best brand; very quiet. we have three bedrooms ustairs, and they are lifesavers up there since it is always warmer upstairs. I highly recommend you get a ceiling fan!

Honored Contributor

My townhouse was new construction when I bought it, so I could get whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted up front.  The cost to put in ceiling fan boxes/plugs by the builder was outrageous (at least I felt that way at the time).  

I ended up having them installed about 10 years later, but it probably would have been cheaper to have the builder do it because they had to open up the wall and then close it to up the boxes and plugs in.  So it was even more expensive doing to later.  But, I had the money 10 years later.  I didn't really have a penny to spare when I bought the house.

I'm glad I put them in.  The best one is on the top floor above the stairway. I have an open floor plan and that fan really keeps things moving on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@Bri63  Can you tell me the manufacturer of the fan you pictured?  I like it very much and need one with a light for our master bedroom.

@Allegheny, I think it's Allen Roth from Lowe's.  We bought it a few years ago, so I'm not sure they still carry it.  That style is still popular, so you might find something comparable.

Respected Contributor

I have 4 ceiling fans. They are almost a necessity in Florida. I use the bedroom fan every night. I don't think I could sleep without it. 

Respected Contributor

@cbrite  I hope this image comes out OK, I don't post pictures often.  Look at the drop on this ceiling fan.  In fact it is a design type I just noticed today which is quite different from the traditional paddle fan type.  I have a vaulted cathedral ceiling and may consider this type as a replacement.

840506062061_05309179.jpg

Regular Contributor

@riley1 Thanks very kindly!

Honored Contributor

We have ceiling fans in just about every room in the house. I even have a ceiling fan outside on my screened in porch, you can't imagine how it moves the air when there is no wind. Draw fans in BR, shower room and laundry room.

Regular Contributor

@ItsME Thanks very much! All 3 are Nordic breeds/"Snow Dogs"...considered by some to be unsuitable for our rather hot climate. Between the ceiling fans, plenty of cool fresh water and the available (kiddie) pools May-September, they do just fine Smiley Wink

Left front: Malabear Pupaya, 13. Malamute-Chow rescue girl.

Right front: Cheyenne Silver. 2 y.o. AKC Siberian Husky.

Center back: Nikki R. Vixen, 6. AKC Siberian Husky.