Honored Contributor

Re: Ceiling Fans - Do You Have One/Like It ??

We have 3 of them....kitchen and 2 bedrooms.  No central air at our house, just 2 window air conditioners.  The fans help to circulate the air and offer a breeze, we like them!

Esteemed Contributor

YES. I have one in evey room.  I would not be without them.  I do live in Florida and almost everyone has them here in every room.  

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@cbrite  I hope this image comes out OK, I don't post pictures often.  Look at the drop on this ceiling fan.  In fact it is a design type I just noticed today which is quite different from the traditional paddle fan type.  I have a vaulted cathedral ceiling and may consider this type as a replacement.

840506062061_05309179.jpg

OMGOSH @Allegheny - Amazing, beautiful house!!!!!!! Yep, you have much higher ceilings, lol... got a spare room? Smiley Very Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

They're beautiful!  And obviously very lucky furbabies, with a great home!  (Have we sufficiently hijacked the ceiling fan thread? My apologies to the OP)

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny  If this is your ceiling fan, it's the first one I've ever liked! It's like a fixture, rather than those paddles, and is lovely. If I ever downsize and need a ceiling fan, I'll know there are pretty options available. Will also share with my son and DIL who don't have any ceiling fans either. Thanks for posting.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Love we have remote controls fans, how lazy can I be and spoiled too! 

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny I was reviewing and this is interesting....how does it cool ? Where did you find it ? Thanks much.... no blades = no cleaning. 

@Allegheny wrote:

@cbrite  I hope this image comes out OK, I don't post pictures often.  Look at the drop on this ceiling fan.  In fact it is a design type I just noticed today which is quite different from the traditional paddle fan type.  I have a vaulted cathedral ceiling and may consider this type as a replacement.

840506062061_05309179.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@KCFoxy wrote:

We absolutely love ours and save money on electric bills as well as circulating air year round. Power company explained it would keep us 4 degrees cooler in Summer (90-110 here in Central Cali!) and 3 or 4 degrees warmer in Winter.

Besides making 78 degree setting fell like 74 in hot months, the 66 degree Winter setting feels like a balmy 69...63 with bedtime set back. Our AC and heating unit are less stressed and the fans double as light sources and help our 3 fur dog kiddos feel much more comfy as well.

CheyenneNakabearandNikkiraregroupshot.jpg

HeartHeartHeart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I do not have them in our house now.  Where I lived before had them in the living room and bedroom.  I did like them a lot.  They really helping with cooling.  Sometimes I would just put them on and did not even need the air conditioning.  Then, if you put them on in the other direction it would help circulate the heat.  I definitely think they are a good thing to have.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

We have them in the den, all bedrooms, and on the patio and to be really honest, hardly ever turn one on.  We keep the ac about 74 degrees, it stays quite cool and the ac doesn't run all the time.  Maybe that's because it isn't really very humid here most of the summer.