Trusted Contributor

Re: CIJ Purchases and Feedback

It looks like i will receive my green Bliss lights tomorrow!

I am thinking of calling an electrician to add a electric box closer to where I want to put it. I actually need him to fix something else, but since he is here, why not add a more convenient electric box for my lights!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

PeterDM, That's too bad that the finials aren't fitting in with your decor.  I know what you mean about the inconsistent brightness.  The lit pedestals have the same issue because they use the same size light strand in all three heights.  Since I mostly prefer the pedestals unlit, I was able to overlook that design flaw, but I can understand why it wouldn't be desirable in a finial.

Regular Contributor

Re: CIJ Purchases and Feedback0

@Susan Louise wrote:

@J9 Janine wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Quackeroo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@J9 Janine wrote:

My mom bought the VPH 12 inch glitter color changing angel. I noticed when she had it in the fan mode that after a few second the fan stopped. Is that supposed to happen? Does it turn on in intervals? We didn't want to sit there and stare at it like weirdos. (I waited about two minutes and it hadn't started back up.)

Yes, it's supposed to do that in fan mode...the option I prefer to keep it on. The purpose of the fan is to help keep the glitter suspended and not settling. To me, although the glitter moves constantly in the other mode, it's just too fast/busy for our liking.

WOW! Those angels are stunning!  How tall are they?

They are 22" tall. I bought the angels in 2011...item # H203278. You can watch the video. Currently, only the Santa and Snowman are available...HTH Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info on the fan. It doesn't make much noise and definitely works, so I think it just must be the normal thing. Just wanted to check on it!

If it's making a noise, it's a defect! The fan should be silent. I would return it. Our angels are silent...just so you know Smiley Happy

They're not noisy. I can just tell there's a little motor. Mom decided to return them though after all. Fan just didn't stay on like the thought it was supposed to.

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Two out of three sets of VPH's Silver Swirl Finials arrived today.  I only wanted 2 sets, but  my experience with Valerie's products not working 50% of the time made me think it was a good idea to order a third set.  Well, I was right. The largest finial in one of the sets has a defective timer feature.  When i switch it to timer, it stays on for a few seconds, then immediately goes off.  I'm currently testing it on the "on" feature to see if it functions as timer, but I'm not holding my breath.  The third set will arrive tomorrow, so if the largest one works in that set, I'll at least have 2 working sets, that is, if the rest of the timers on these two sets work.  The question is, do I want to keep ANY of them?  

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in these.  First of all, the lights in these are very warm, almost yellow, which makes the silver look champagne when lit.  It's not a deal killer for me, but there has to be a way to do a silver, mercury glass product that is lit with lights that help maintain the integrity of the silver color when lit.  Additionally, the brightness of the lights seems uneven among the three finials.  The smallest is the brightest, and the largest is the least vibrant.  These finials look pretty up close, but far away they look like amorphous blobs; the lights pop, but you can't really discern the shape of the finials.  Finally, the swirl is kind of weird.  They would look pretty in Christmas displays, but I was hoping to use these year round.  I can't really see that being an option with these.  They don't suit my style for year round display.  So, I have a couple of days to make a decision about these (if my decision isn't made for me by defective timers).  I'm totally on the fence at this point.  To be continued...

Update (already) - I just went into my kitchen to move the large, unworking finial from my counter to my sideboard, and when I lifted up the finial, the guts of it just slid right out.  It wasn't glued properly into the glass finial.  All the wiring looks normal, at least as much as I can tell, and now when I switch it to timer function, the lights are randomly coming on and off.  Interesting.

Peter, The silver finials looked like they had white-white lights in them to me.  I am really surprised that yours look yellow.  I know that isn't the look you want, and I'm sorry you're disappointed.  As for the amorphous blob :-) reference, I would not have imagined that either.  I will say, though, that I have admired Jill's set because they have more defined shapes, like the traditional tree toppers. 

Thanks for the update.  Please keep us posted. 

Honored Contributor

I received the melting snowmen, and they are wonderful, with the usual Candle Impressions quality.

H205809

Set of 2 Illuminated Melted Snowmen by Candle Impressions

Trusted Contributor

My third and final set of the Silver Swirl Finials arrived today, and it looks like they are all in good shape.  I'll be able to make two good sets out of the three that I received, since one of the large ones in one of the sets was defective.  They're starting to grow on me, so I think I'll keep them but only for display at the holidays.  

The other purchased I received today is unbelieveable. I received one of two Kringle Express Porcelain Ornaments, H205841 (got the snowman, waiting on the santa), and I literally GASPED when I put the batteries in.  The color is so beautiful and elegant, and the detail is just breathtaking.  Next to Lisa Robertson's Sequinned and Glitterred trees in white (H203513), this is hands down, the most beautiful purchase I've ever made from QVC.  You know how when they advertise the flocked white trees with white lights, and you can't actually see some of the light bulbs on the tree, but there is that ethereal glow coming from within?  That's the look of this bell.  If I could afford it, I'd buy a dozen more of these and put them all over my white Christmas tree.  I'm definitely picking up a couple more.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I received the melting snowmen, and they are wonderful, with the usual Candle Impressions quality.

H205809

Set of 2 Illuminated Melted Snowmen by Candle Impressions

@mousiegirl  VERY CUTE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I purchased Valerie's Mosaic angels---one in green with the book, and one in white with the harp---some negative reviews on the angels not lighting properly but these were perfect.

I also ordered 3 Jim Shore pieces-

Jim Shore Heartwood Creek Miniature Christmas Animal Figure - H205752Jim Shore Heartwood Creek Lazy & Loveable Christmas Animal Figure - H205731

Jim Shore Heatwood Creek 10 1/4 Angel With Presents Figurine

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

Hi, mousiegirl...you know how to put "Christmas" in CIJ....

I have bought three sets of the TSV ornaments...two of the Jim Shore Nativity Angel..(H207057) and 9 of the Cooking Buddy's...in red.......

I will edit should I add more to the list, too....

I now have to add the My Grandmas coffee cake...I know I can buy it locally....cheaper....but not the two flavors...

BRB....glad to help out about those cute little ornaments...

Mousiegirl...good to know those Cooking Buddies are nice and useful....they are going to be part of the Christmas gifts....

@circles  Enjoy your purchases. 

Another yes vote for the Cooking Buddies. I ordered last year's Cooking Buddy in the Christmas tree and it works very nice, they are great for taking things out of the oven or something really hot from microwave and it looks nice too. And I came back this spring and ordered one in yellow that has embroidered flowers on it. 

Honored Contributor

We just received the frosted finial picks. I give them a 5 star rating despite a few things...

There is a lot of 'frost on them...they look GREAT! However, be prepared to open the box/es somewhere over newspaper or outside. I will be blowing each one of them with the leafblower to get the excess off before storing them in a big plastic bag tonight when it's cooler.

I will also have to glue  gun a few pine cones back on...no big deal though.

All in all, very please and will add a nice touch to vignettes Smiley Happy