Valued Contributor

Sam's Club MG trees/ Dennis Basso MG trees

I was the one who posted last year about the Sam's Club MG trees. They are beautiful, heavy, good quality, and GREAT price! I liked them so much that I went back and got a second set!  The timer wasn't an issue because of the remote. One click and they were on/off. I can't compare them to the DB trees but they look so similar that they could have been manufactured by the same company. These trees are definately one my favorite Christmas decor purchases EVER! Get them if you can find them. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sam's Club MG trees/ Dennis Basso MG trees

[ Edited ]

@country gal wrote:

I was the one who posted last year about the Sam's Club MG trees. They are beautiful, heavy, good quality, and GREAT price! I liked them so much that I went back and got a second set!  The timer wasn't an issue because of the remote. One click and they were on/off. I can't compare them to the DB trees but they look so similar that they could have been manufactured by the same company. These trees are definately one my favorite Christmas decor purchases EVER! Get them if you can find them. I don't think you will be disappointed.

@country gal   -  @lucymo and I ordered a set at Amazon. Based upon the pic, they look the same as the ones that were sold at Sam's Club.

I appreciate you posting and so relieved it's possibly made by the same manufacturer as Dennis's trees...Whew! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@country gal, I'm sure we'll all be watching for them.  Some of us ordered the MG set of four on Amazon, I think they might be a little larger than Sam's but Sam's look great.  Maybe they will get something again this year.  Thanks for letting us know.

Contributor

Sam's Club says 9" to 13.5", so that will be fine with me if they come back in stock.

I was a member of Costco last year and didn't see anything like these.  I didn't renew for another year, as I didn't go there enough to pay the yearly fee.

Honored Contributor

@mil3 wrote:

Sam's Club says 9" to 13.5", so that will be fine with me if they come back in stock.

I was a member of Costco last year and didn't see anything like these.  I didn't renew for another year, as I didn't go there enough to pay the yearly fee.

@mil3 Wow! You are right...I goofed again and I'll have to fix a couple of my posts. I just checked the Sam's Club link again and I read the dimensions wrong the 1st time...the diameters of the base are around 5"...not the heights...

And Sam's club sold the set of 4 for under $10?????

Maybe I need to become a member! LOL

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@country gal wrote:

@country gal  Your set/s is shorter though...right? @lucymo and I ordered the larger set at Amazon. Based upon the pic, they look the same as the ones that were sold at Sam's Club. I'm not a member, but wish/hope the set Sam's club had (if it is a smaller set) or would be restocked.

I appreciate you posting and so relieved it's possibly made by the same manufacturer as Dennis's trees...Whew! Smiley Happy

I am a little confused by the size issue...to me the ones at Amazon are the exact same trees, same size. I don't know why someone said they were larger than Sam's?? I read the description on both sites. Am I missing something? LOL

Contributor

I know, $9.91, what a deal!!  I know I'd get a couple sets for that price.  Wonder if they kept discounting them and then they still had some after xmas and that was the final price.  Wow!!  We have a Sams Club here but I've never been a member.

Countrygal.  how much were they when you got them, $39.98?

Valued Contributor

Susan-I was typing about the size issue at the same time you were. I'm glad that mystery is solved. LOL

As for the $10.00 price, that must have been the online/after Christmas/clearance price. WHAT A DEAL!!  I bought mine in the store and paid the $39.95 price, but still a good price for a set of 4. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@country gal wrote:

Susan-I was typing about the size issue at the same time you were. I'm glad that mystery is solved. LOL

As for the $10.00 price, that must have been the online/after Christmas/clearance price. WHAT A DEAL!!  I bought mine in the store and paid the $39.95 price, but still a good price for a set of 4. 

@country gal I'm glad that was cleared up too *bangs hand on forehead*...lol As for $10 for the set...after Christmas Clearance...OMG! What an amazing deal that was. The batteries themselves cost more than the $9.91 (exact price of the clearance sale)...like getting the 4 trees and the remote FREE!!!  WOWSER!

Even though I paid a lot more at Amazon, there is no telling that this set will be available again this year and I'm just glad I got them...no regrets. TY again for posting the info Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mil3 wrote:

@mil3 Wow! You are right...I goofed again and I'll have to fix a couple of my posts. I just checked the Sam's Club link again and I read the dimensions wrong the 1st time...the diameters of the base are around 5"...not the heights...

And Sam's club sold the set of 4 for under $10?????

Maybe I need to become a member! LOL

Boy, what a price difference!!!  But, Sams don't have them now so I'll  just enjoy mine when they come and if Sams gets them again I'll get another set and I'll treat them all the same.  LOL