Honored Contributor

Bleaching Towels -- Question

I love white bathroom towels but you are suppose to use non bleach instead of regular bleach.  I can't get my towels clean unless I use regular bleach.  What do you use to get your white towels white?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bleaching Towels -- Question

Try Oxiclean White Revive. Way better than chlorine bleach. Bleach will give your towels a bleach smell and eventually weaken the towels and they will tear. It might be great for whitening but it smells and it undermines textiles. 

Oxyclean is unbeatable for what you want. Modern chemistry and laundry additives have come a long way. Give up your grandma’s laundry methods.

https://www.oxiclean.com/en/AllProducts/Stain-Fighters/Products/OxiClean-White-Revive-Powder

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I also use white towels.  I bleach once a month in between I use Tide pods w/Oxi (or just scoop of Oxi Clean).

With my new washer I definitely see a difference!  It has a towel cycle -- they come out nice and white.

Trusted Contributor

May I suggest hydrogen peroxide?  I've used it even on my white lingerie and it works great--cheap, too.  And it santizes.  

Honored Contributor

have never heard you should not use bleach on white towels.

i bleach my white towels and use the sanitize cycle on my washing machine and dryer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I’m okay with using bleach. I like the smell. 

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman  I read something about that.  How much hydrogen peroxide do you use for a load of white towels?  Hot water, cold rinse?  Otherwise, the Oxi White Revive sounds good.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

i allways bleach white towels and wash with hot water. i love the smell of the basement after i wash a load in hot water and bleach.

Valued Contributor

another vote for Oxiclean White Revive here. I use it with regular laundry detergent. It works great if you soak your whites in it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  I bleach all of my towels with Clorox crystals instead of liquid bleach.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!