Honored Contributor

Does anyone else use this staple from the office as an indispensable helper around the house?  I buy a tub of the assorted sizes and keep a handful in a drawer in every room.  They are great for fastening plastic bags like chips or cereal to frozen food in bags in the freezer.  They're great for keeping tubes of ointment or toothpaste rolled up, I use a small one as a bookmark, I clip pairs of shoes together so I always have two and no runaway.  Clip notes, coupons, recipes, lists onto your purse strap.  I attach one to a kitchen cabinet to hold my recipe, I clip pouches of mixes together, clip a hand towel to a cabinet near the sink, use as clothespins, the list is endless.  They can be used over and over, never wear out and are cheap. 

Screenshot_20170430-011400.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I use some sometimes. 

Frequent Contributor

I use binder clips all the time they really come in handy.

Honored Contributor

I maybe have 4 small ones that I keep in the drawer of the desk in our office.  I don't use them much, but @Kachina624 you've found some really neat uses for them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

Yep, I couldn't live without them!  Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the picture!  In fact, I just bought more of them yesterday at Walmart.  Super useful.

Honored Contributor

I use a BIG one to hold my bath towel wrapped around my "bod"............

Also use them to keep plastic deli cartons closed tightly.............

Have used them to clip fake flowers onto my shrubs............

And I'm sure I can think of MORE after a couple more cups of coffee...........

I buy a whole carton of assorted sizes.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Great ideas!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 WOW thank you for all the ideas, there are some of your ideas I would never have thought of, I had picked some up at the dollar store but I have not used most of them, now I have a mission thanks to you!

Respected Contributor

Binder clips are super useful around our home.  I use them also in place of chip clips.  If I have several papers that need to be clipped together (sometimes I don't want them stapled or to poke a hole in them), I clip them and then pop the back clip up and hang that on a tack on the bulletin board.  This is more presentation items and I don't want them out of sight, out of mind.

Respected Contributor

LOL I use them for everything, too. They are stashed all over my house.