Respected Contributor

Can someone please recommend a soft bathtub mat. One that stays in place and is comfortable under your feet. I haven't had one in years but starting to feel unsafe in the tub!😬🛁

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Bathtub Mat?

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher I can wholeheartedly recommend Gorilla brand purchased from Amazon.  I've had it for 2+ years and this mat shows no signs of wear and cleans beautifully in the washer or just in the sink. I can't remember the cost, but less than $25.  May have increased since that time. DH & I are in our 70's and feel very safe on it.  If you don't know, Gorilla brand is the place that makes tape and adhesive products.  Not 100% positive, but I believe the mats are made in the USA.

ETA It's 35x16 and $26.99.  Money well spent.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have very sensitive feet (diabetes?) and I felt unsteady in my tub because it is very shiny and slippery.

I bought (on Amazon $18.99) a Rubbermaid mat that is 18" x 36" and has little suction cups all along it's underside.  The generous size affords me great tub floor coverage 

and the suction cups not only keep the mat securely in place but offer a kind of "air cushioned" feel under my feet.  When I have rinsed out the tub I just lift it off the floor and hang it for 5 minutes to air dry and then reposition it.

It washes clean as a whistle with a scrubber sponge and is as good as new after 14 months!  Good luck with whatever you purchase!

Occasional Contributor

A bathtub mat is essential.  I purchased the Gorilla mat from Amazon about 2 years ago  It is great.  I too have neuropathy in the soles of my feet.  If a mat is to be safe, it will have the bumps that might hurt the soles.  I just shower and get out.   In addtion, I have a Medical Guardian gadget around my neck.  I did my research and liked this one the best.

I ordered it the day after I slipped in my dining room and had a small fracture in my shoulder.  Safety first!

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker @781Florist @bklynirene 

Thank you! These are actually the two I was considering! Have either of them started to have mold?🤔

-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the Gorilla Bath Mat recommendation.  I've made a mental note for the next time I need a new one. 

I've used one for many years now and normally have gotten them at various box stores.  However, I never felt safe with the ones I purchased.  I thought they were slippery....moreso than the surface of my bathtub.  I was at Ollie's (Bargain Outlet) about fthree years and happened to notice one there.  It was dirt cheap but I purchased it anyway.  I don't remember the brand name on it but it's been the best mat and is still going strong.  It is a hard plastic and not very soft under my feet but I don't feel unsafe in the shower like I did with so many others.  I even take mats with me on vacation.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher I know where you're coming from about the mold. Last night I read and saw some of the reviews and pictures posted.  Believe me, I have not had any issues with mold with my Gorilla mat and I am not a "slave" to constantly cleaning it.  After each shower or bath, we remove it from the tub and drape it over a towel on the side of the tub.  This dries it and helps with any mold or mildew that could occur. 

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Can someone please recommend a soft bathtub mat. One that stays in place and is comfortable under your feet. I haven't had one in years but starting to feel unsafe in the tub!😬🛁

@Starpolisher   I bought this last year at amazon, very happy with it.  It is almost the length of the bathtub. 

SlipX Solutions Extra Long Bath Tub & Shower Mat 39x16, Wet Floor Non-Slip for Elderly & Kids

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher That Gorilla brand bath mat I mentioned in previous posts, in the clear color, is now $20.49 at Amazon.  Quite a savings.  I may pick up another to keep on hand.

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Starpolisher That Gorilla brand bath mat I mentioned in previous posts, in the clear color, is now $20.49 at Amazon.  Quite a savings.  I may pick up another to keep on hand.

Thank you @coffee drinker  I ordered the Rubbermaid one. I haven't opened it yet but I'll keep this one in mind and add it to my saved list. Thanks!

-Kahlil Gibran