Honored Contributor

Re: Adding Color To a Neutral Room

A little color never hurts! I would add more though to this pretty room. 

Honored Contributor

Only minimally. The room still reads as neutral and the few pieces of blue and white and the blue and green pillows hardly register, though they do help. Have to agree with @Sooner, the sofa is really unappealing and, in fact, the overall room just feels sort of lacking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Not my taste with or without the added color.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I could visit in this room and be comfortable even though I don't want it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Only minimally. The room still reads as neutral and the few pieces of blue and white and the blue and green pillows hardly register, though they do help. Have to agree with @Sooner, the sofa is really unappealing and, in fact, the overall room just feels sort of lacking.

@stevieb I agree.  The bookcase is blah and adds nothing, and it and the beachy wicker chair are totally out of phase.  The coffee table area needs a subtle but textured rug.   Maybe. And a light fixture with more presence. 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

They certainly did!  I find this room to be very bright & cheery.  That said, there's a few pieces of furniture & accessories I'd replace.  For me, the 2 tables are too "chunky" looking.  I love the sofa & other chairs.  Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Yes, mostly successful. I'd have found a rug with coordinating colors too.

Esteemed Contributor

I would get rid of the striped sofa & add a rug with color in it 🙃

Honored Contributor

Since blue cancels green in home decor, it appears there was no color added.  It does not stand out as if one color had been yellow and the other blue or green. It just looks almost as if there is no addition of color, but I LIKE IT.  Not for me, but it is a neat room, much better than the Studio McGee & Restoration Hdwe.

Honored Contributor

Since I am fully on board with color, that is well done, and fully on board with neutrals, that are well done,  I guess I'm "ambi-visual".   I like this room.

Love the freshening blue-and-white, little custom touches like the green trim on curtains, the casual mix of natural and darker woods and touches of rattan, greenery and florals, even the charming little ottoman.

A 'friendly', happy, light-filled space, conducive to conversation.  I'd add a table lamp, though, and a more interesting rug.