Honored Contributor

Re: ARCHITECTURAL STYLE IN A DIAMOND RING

@ECBG,  that's what I understood from your comment --  that you had a beautiful inherited piece from your grandmother, and that @Desert Lily had a lovely piece that was a re-designed combination of family pieces.  Either way, they are treasures!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Yes.  You're correct.  Apparently I miss read.  Sorry. 

Having a time posting!

Honored Contributor

That's truly a gorgeous ring!  I love the art deco style!

I don't know what style I would choose for myself if I could choose again.  I do like antique looking rings but I also like simple designs.  I'd have to do a lot of thinking and research on this! I love my ring which is set in platinum, a round diamond in the middle and a baguette on each side.  I have never tired of looking at it, so this is a sign of a good choice!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell   That is really pretty!!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1--  a round diamond with a baguette either side--  a timeless classic that endures for a reason.  No wonder you never tire of looking at such a beauty.

Esteemed Contributor

I love that ring, it's beautiful.  I would certainly wear that in a heartbeat.  I'm not sure if I was to design a ring what it would look like.  I'm quite spoiled and own so many different styles and love them all.  DH did design a necklace for me though many years ago.  It is 14k gold with large gemstones of my childrens' birthstones set one above the other.  One Aquamarine and one Tourmaline for March and October.

It is just stunningly beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

As much as I appreciate Art Deco,   i'm a simple girl.......

As much as I appreciate Art Deco,

i'm a simple girl....2 ct, triple X .

The Tiffany® Setting Engagement Ring in Platinum

The Tiffany® Setting Engagement Ring in Platinum - Alternate shot 1
The Tiffany® Setting Engagement Ring in Platinum - Alternate shot 2

•  

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal  ,  how extremely sweet and creative that your husband designed a necklace for you with children's birthstones!   Aquamarine and tourmaline together, love.  My son's birthstone is also aquamarine, but the only thing of that that I have, is a carved, milky aquamarine ring.   I'd love to have something with aquamarine and amethyst together to represent son and husband...    I do have a thin gold band set with hubby's and my birthstones together--  twinned cabochon heart amethyst and garnet. It wasn't created for us, I randomly found it!

@phoenixbrd,  lucky you, how gorgeous is your ring--  elegant, classic simplicity at its best. 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful ring, @Oznell .  My favorite "famous" diamond ring is Pippa Middleton's.  Although it's not really architectural, it is definitely deco.  It's quite low profile which is always my preference with rings.

Pippa Middleton flashes HUGE engagement ring and beaming grin after James  Matthews proposes - Mirror Online

Kate Middleton v Pippa Middleton: an engagement ring analysis

Love that asscher center stone.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon,   beautiful, another great Art Deco style!  I didn't know what Pippa's engagement ring was, or that she had gone vintage.  She and her husband have great taste!