Honored Contributor

An interesting space. Looks like a combination bunk room and, perhaps, guest sitting room. I find it at least somewhat appealing to look a, for what seems like an afterhought, though this isn't how I'd choose to use the pretty space. Also wonder, positioned as it is, how much use that TV actually sees... 

shome_image021_RGB_800x583_2046912.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Pretty weird, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty room, but I wonder how much use that sitting area would get at night.  If someone wanted to visit, watch tv or use the desk, what about the people who are trying to sleep.  Also, a weird place for the tv.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

I agree with you. That TV is not in the best spot for viewing. 

It definitely looks like a hodgepodge room to me that can be used for various things. I guess they're trying to make the most of the space, but overall, it doesn't appeal to me. I like some of the individual elements. I like the window seat, sofa, desk with wooden chair, and storage. I don't like the pattern on the upholstered chairs, and I'm not a fan of bunk beds. Maybe the bunk beds are for grandchildren who come to stay? Why is there a curtain hiding more shelves? 

Esteemed Contributor

A formal sitting room with bunk beds?  Odd.  I think to the left behind the curtains is closet/storage space.  Perhaps this is some type of vacation cottage or casita for guests that is part of a larger estate.

Not a fan of the wagon wheel chandelier...

Esteemed Contributor

I do love the armchairs in the print.  I think overall, it is nice.  But not decor I would do, as I prefer for me clean simple lines.

Honored Contributor

ts definitely a multip purpose space, and good if one is very short on space. I think the tv is in an akward space as well, but it is not an unappealing room to me at all. I think it is great for a family or someone who is short on space.

Esteemed Contributor

It's definitely a mix of decor, prints and use of space....most of which isn't appealing to me.  I would rather have a couple of pull out sofas or futons if I needed some space for sleeping in addition to a sitting room.  I think I remember a couple doing something like this on a Fixer Upper episode.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Although not unpleasant, it's a bit of an odd space.  Which way do you face when you're in there?  The couch faces the beds, nothing faces the TV, the beds are like berths on a sleeper train.  If you're someone who needs a space to make sense, I don't think you'd be comfortable there.  I know I wouldn't.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a charming space (albeit a tad odd).  TV's not in a good spot for viewing, but there doesn't really seem to be a good spot for it.