c032 (30).jpg

c032 (28).jpg

c032 (31).jpg

c032 (34).jpg

c032 (36).jpg

c032 (39).jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Traditional 'Early American' Look...

It's not for me!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

A big no from me.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb    Too much beige for me....I need more color.  

Honored Contributor

I like a lot of the furniture and find it nicely coordinated, but its a case of LESS is more----the rooms need a bit of decluttering --- some of the furniture and wall groupings need to be removed.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I see the early returns don't favor this look... Woman LOL I understand. While I personally like the look, this is a pretty extreme example and while I love almost all of the elements, using them all together pushes this one a bit over the top... Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I like a lot of the furniture and find it nicely coordinated, but its a case of LESS is more----the rooms need a bit of decluttering --- some of the furniture and wall groupings need to be removed.....

@Spurt  So true... Too much of a good thing, and I didn't even include some shots of even more 'collections'. Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

If Early American is coming back into style, I am all for it.  This is what my childhood home was decorated in back in the 60s and 70s.  It's a bit much for me, but I love certain pieces.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I love it.  I do agree though, a bit of decluttering and removal of a few  pieces of the wall decor, and perfection!!!   I never liked those plates that people used to hang on the walls.

No offense to anyone who still does that but I really don't like it.  The kitchen is great!

Honored Contributor

I kind of like it myself. I can definitely appreciate the look and period they're going for