Respected Contributor

I ordered 3 different items with bases from 3 different vendors.  All 3 arrived with the bases broken, 2 of the 3 are the below pics.  They all seemed to be packed well; reinforced with thick styrofoam, etc.  I find it strange that this occurred.  I understand pkgs are tossed, etc especially this time of the year.  Anyone else have this issue?  

82F3B502-3508-4B5C-812E-870CEF9FBEC2.jpeg

17F2A457-2015-4A24-B523-BD50B6F31F8A.jpeg

Super Contributor

Re: Weird Shipping/Damage Issue

I agree it's weird. Does someone not want you to have Christmas? 

What a disappointment it must be. 

Honored Contributor

Very unusual!  Sorry!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop 

If you want to try fixing the bases, try liquid Superglue in a small tube.  ( Make sure to cover the work area and have  paper towels to wipe off excess.....if you get some on your fingers, I have used a rough emery board to get the dried glue off )

Found Duperglue to adhere way better than Gorilla Glue.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Did the top of the foam piece fit tightly around the narrow cylindrical part of the birdhouse that attaches to the base?  If you didn't remove any of the packing, it looks like there is no support under that area.  That is a weak spot and should have had extra protection. 

For the tree, the box doesn't look damaged.  I'm assuming it wasn't.  

I found that most of those I received damaged were not packed properly by the manufacturer or they were placed in the box damaged.  In your case, I doubt they put a broken item in the box, but who knows they might have had cracks.

Often the cause is using lower quality and not enough foam packing to keep items from moving around, and thin boxes easily damaged during shipping.

I've had my share of damaged products from QVC, so much so, I've had the opportunity to carefully examine how they were placed in the box, and evaluate the packing materials and boxes compared to those we use in the United States.  

Respected Contributor

@jlkz  I was able to glue two of them w/o any visible signs of breakage.  I requested an adjustment for this of which I got.  The 3rd was was not repairable so sending back.  Without question this is an issue w/bases like these.  I think it is the packing & shipping that could be the culprits!  

Respected Contributor

I've wondered if COVID caused Chinese factories to use less skilled workers.  I'm happy that you were able to repair at least two of the items.  It's so disappointing when items arrive broken.