Honored Contributor

Big Lots has a 15% off online sale, and either of these very well-priced white pitchers (at $10 each) would make a nice last-minute holiday gift, or just work handsomely on any Christmas breakfast table holding juice or cider!

First, for the more traditional, the graceful "Messina" pitcher.  It's modeled on a vintage creamer, but is a big pitcher, at least 9 inches high, I think.  I've seen it in person, and it is nice and hefty, a slightly creamy (but still white, white), with an old-world Tuscan feeling:

images.jpg

Please note that one reviewer online, who loved the Messina pitcher, sadly reported that it developed cracks with use in the refrigerator.  So it might not work as intended.  But I think it makes such a romantic vase!

Those who like very clean, tapered, modern or midcentury lines, might like this cute pitcher below.  It's about 7 inches high, 1.5 liters, also big enough for milk or juice, or makes a cute vase like the one above.  It's made by 10 Strawberry Street, and it is not creamy--  I would say it's more like that "Euro" porcelain color, a white with a very slight gray undertone:

images.jpg

At these prices, 15% off $10,  I thought they were win-win.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WHITE PITCHER(S) GIFT IDEA

@Oznell 

I always like clicking on your topics. You have a good eye for detail. Those are pretty pitchers and functional too. I have a creamy white pitcher embossed with oak leaves. I bought it at a Laura Ashley store many years ago.  I miss Laura Ashley. 💐

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell   I have to agree with @Tennesseegal .  While I rarely reply, I always open your threads because they are always of interest to me.  You post many lovely pictures.  These vases are very pretty.  I especially like the first one.  

Respected Contributor

I really like these pitchers. I have a small collection of white vases, and one is from about 1910. These would not look like cheapies next to my collection.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell - What pretty pitchers! I like the Messina, because I'm more of a creamy white person than a greyish white.

I actually inherited my great grandmother's pitcher. My grandmother always kept it locked behind the shelves of her cabinet. When my aunt gave it to me I told her I was going to use it. She was glad to hear that! Before quarantine I always had it on the island when my friends came over. It usually held apple cider or lemonade.

I am tempted to get the Messina and I still might. But DH will not be happy to see another new serving piece. I just got the QVC platter designed by the students at the  Camp Hill school (H224910).  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Tennesseegal and @Citrine1 !   Your Laura

Ashley pitcher sounds pretty,  @Tennesseegal -- I love a leaf motif.

Good point, that's what struck me about these as well, @Flatbush -- they would blend very well with more venerable items.

Good for you for using your heirloom pitcher, @beach-mom !   And I've admired those Camp Hill pieces too.

I have a fairly large Wedgwood creamware pitcher, the one that has raised figures on it (horse riders going to the hunt?).  It goes farther than being creamy white though-- it goes into "ivory" territory.   Sadly, I'm drawn to both creamy ivorys and crisper whites-- life would be simpler if I weren't!   

Honored Contributor

Would be pretty on a serving tray.

Honored Contributor

That would be a pretty presentation, @AuntG !

Respected Contributor

I have a pitcher that was my mother in laws. It is always on my kitchen table. I treasure it because it was hers. For Christmas I bought one similar to the ones you put on your blog. I did buy one on line this year. It is bigger than I thought it would be. Filled it with Christmas everything. My husband said he really liked it which surprised me as he usually does not comment on anything that is new. 

Honored Contributor

@Catiele,  I'm also always surprised and pleased when my hubby notices enough to comment approvingly!