Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie Glistening Pine Pencil Tree?

@mousiegirl ~ Thank you so much for posting my comment about the tree!  I was just about to respond when I saw your post!  :-)

@Regal Bee ~ Yes, it is a beautiful tree.  I'm really happy I was able to get the 5 ft version this year.  I am thinking of placing them side-by-side in our front window.  We'll see.  Last year it was in our den and was one of the last things to come down.  I also got the 3 ft version.  Because of it's size, I may leave that one out a while longer and designate it our "nature tree."  

I hope you love yours, too!  :-)

Respected Contributor

@Julie928  Thank you so much. So kind of you to comment. I just ordered mine......so excited!

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee ~ Enjoy your new tree!  I know you're going to love it!

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 ~ You had asked about the glistening aspect of the tree?  The tips of the branches as well as the pinecones have a slight coating of irridescent glitter on them.  This is something I don't ordinarily care for but it really works on this tree.  I didn't notice any shedding of the glitter ~ at least not on the tree I got.  This was important since we have three dogs ~ if it's on the floor, it's in their mouths!  

Hope that helps...  :-)

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shook it before taking out of the box.  I did not have glitter or flocking on the carpet during the season.  The glitter, to me, was minimal.  Just like an accent, not over done.  I felt it was an elegant tree.  Really didn't need decorations as is because it was so pretty, but of course we added ours.  Also liked the "snap in" plug technology.  No cords to hide within the tree from section to section.

Ours was thick, not sparse at all.  

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@mousiegirl ~ Thank you so much for posting my comment about the tree!  I was just about to respond when I saw your post!  :-)

@Regal Bee ~ Yes, it is a beautiful tree.  I'm really happy I was able to get the 5 ft version this year.  I am thinking of placing them side-by-side in our front window.  We'll see.  Last year it was in our den and was one of the last things to come down.  I also got the 3 ft version.  Because of it's size, I may leave that one out a while longer and designate it our "nature tree."  

I hope you love yours, too!  :-)

@Julie928  Do you have any idea what the measurements of the bases of the trees are, the width in particular?  Please post when you receive the 3' tree if you don't know about the base now.

Super Contributor

@Julie928 Did you have any issues with the tree being sparse?? I am really interested in this one but not if the branches are like what the other poster is referring to. THanks!

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl ~ I can measure it for you!  I have it set up in our guest room (believe it or not).  Be right back!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Diameter of bottom of tree (from her show this morning)

3 ft - 19"

5 ft - 28"

7 ft - 32"

9 ft - 36"

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl ~ I'm back!  Since the tree is placed back up in the corner I was able to measure the very bottom straight across at the widest point.  Our tree (7 ft) is about 32" across.  I hope this helps...

@KellKats ~ Our tree wasn't sparse at all.  I know this can vary from tree to tree, but one of the things I noticed was there were no bare areas. 

I could have sworn I posted a picture of the tree on Valerie's facebook page sometime last fall with lots of orange velvet pumpkins scattered underneath.  If you have a few minutes maybe look through the photos posted on her facebook page.  (I haven't mastered the art of posting photos here yet otherwise I'd post one for you).  :-)