Honored Contributor

Connemara marble nativity

[ Edited ]

I know that several of us here have the Connemara marble nativity that was offered two years ago and the wise men that were offered last year. 

I’ve been watching for this item, on and off the last few months and just checked again a few minutes ago. They’ve loaded the nativity and wise men back into the system and have added a third choice, “Shepherd”. No picture yet of the shepherd. 

I ordered the shepherd sight unseen as it’s the only thing I’m interested in buying this year. I didn’t want to miss it. If the price goes down for Christmas in July, hopefully they’ll give me a price adjustment. 

If anyone is interested, the item number is H209027.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Connemara marble nativity

[ Edited ]

I've been watching too & finally there they where. I planned on waiting until the Sheperd picture posted before ordering but when I saw your post I thought it might sell out. I have the nativity, angel & wise men, fingers crossed the Sheperd is just as sweet & comes with 2 animals... it's the only Christmas item I want so can't wait!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh,

Thanks for posting, I was just going to check on the nativity pieces. I also ordered before sell out!

http://img.vmessages.com/en/have-a-nice-day/129.gif

Regular Contributor

I thought that was the cutest nativity and put the wise men and the nativity in my cart last year. then I saw the shipping was $11 and I decided not to purchase. Maybe CIJ they will have free shipping and I can pick up all three options but not at $5.50 each.

Respected Contributor

@blondegirl wrote:

I thought that was the cutest nativity and put the wise men and the nativity in my cart last year. then I saw the shipping was $11 and I decided not to purchase. Maybe CIJ they will have free shipping and I can pick up all three options but not at $5.50 each.

The shipping gave me second thoughts too & they sold out so I watched for them in AS IS, purchased the natitivy & wise men for $17.50 & the angel for $15.95...all arrived in perfect condition but the shipping was still $5.50 each. Anyway just an idea for saving a few dollars, I'm always interested in that. They are really sweet so if you do get them...Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

#H212160, choice of Angel, Santa, Snowman...only the Angel has a picture, I think the other 2 are new to the collection. I was only going to buy the Sheperd, now I want Santa & Snowman too.

Honored Contributor

The Shepherd set just arrived. I’m thrilled with it!  Here’s a picture since there isn’t one up on the Q yet. 

7BC39481-84D2-43F2-90C0-8BE57EE4F82B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was going to post a picture too & I agree the set is really nice so I'm happy I took a chance & ordered it sight unseen. I want the new Santa & Snowman too but would like to do it on a FS day. Thanks for posting the picture, I struggle doing it. Enjoy @gidgetgh!

Super Contributor

How do you all display this set? do you put them on the marble plates or did you purchase a stable for them to go in? I really do like the set....

Honored Contributor

@KellKats wrote:

How do you all display this set? do you put them on the marble plates or did you purchase a stable for them to go in? I really do like the set....

@KellKats The first year and last year, I displayed all of the pieces on the marble things. I don’t know about this year. I feel like if I use all three marble bases, the figures will be too far apart from each other. So I’m not sure what I’ll do this year. 

To be honest, I’m really not a nativity set kind of girl. This is the only nativity I own. For some reason I really like it. I think because the figures are a little whimsical.