Respected Contributor

Oh dear.  It is way too soon.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

All the best, @froggy.  Thinking and planning for decorating is a great way to have something fun and pleasant to look forward to when facing any medical course of treatment, or challenges, I think.  Happy, healthy autumn to you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Time for Autumn...

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

I can say with assurance....I HATE Summer!!!--Don't like the heat and humidity, the bugs, etc etc....

My favorite seasons are Autumn and Winter....now I live in Texas and our interpretations of the seasons are a little different.😏...but I do  love the cooler weather....the Fall colors, fall decor, football, wearing sweaters and long sleeves, pumpkins etc....and the Winter and everything about the Christmas season, hôt chocolate, homemade soup, cozy throws on cold winter days, and all the events during this time of year...Woman Very Happy

@Susan Louise 

I do love all the wild flowers here in the spring...it's just spectacular.....

We get the Hummers here..One time a Hummer fussed at me because I hadn't refilled the feeder...😆..

One of our favorite restaurants is on the far outskirts of town they hang Humming Bird feeders on all the trees and we love watch these fascinating critters from the windows....

@Spurt  My problem is I want it all. I don't want temps above 85, I want Hummingbirds around all yr long, long days...or days that don't become shorter...which means we need to live closer to the equator. Moving to Costa Rica then comes to mind.

And then by living that far south, one can't appreciate all of what Fall offers further north either. If only the days didn't get shorter...but then the leaves wouldn't change colors...LOL

So I count my blessings...

I keep telling myself it could be worse...living up by the arctic circle and go days without sunlight in the winter.

I must have that condition SAD but just never went to the Dr's to actually be diagnosed with the condition. I tried adding the specific lights...we also have plenty of them in the basement with the same spectrum of lighting to grow plants but just never found sitting near them for any length of time to be helpful.

Anyway, I would love to go to your local restaurant...sounds wonderful! Do you live far enough south in Texas to have hummers during the winter? Some species of hummers do winter in Texas.

LOL at the hummer that was displeased about you not filling the feeder! I just love their high pitch chatter Smiley Very Happy

One time when I was replacing the feeders after they had been cleaned and refilled, one of them landed on my finger at one of the ports on the feeder. I was adjusting the landing/perch ring and the hummer was so impatient it didn't bother to wait til I was finished...HA! I just froze and enjoyed the moment. It was so cool to feel the breeze from it's wings as it took off again.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I can say with assurance....I HATE Summer!!!--Don't like the heat and humidity, the bugs, etc etc....

My favorite seasons are Autumn and Winter....now I live in Texas and our interpretations of the seasons are a little different.😏...but I do  love the cooler weather....the Fall colors, fall decor, football, wearing sweaters and long sleeves, pumpkins etc....and the Winter and everything about the Christmas season, hôt chocolate, homemade soup, cozy throws on cold winter days, and all the events during this time of year...Woman Very Happy

@Susan Louise 

We get the Hummers here..One time a Hummer fussed at me because I hadn't refilled the feeder...😆..

One of our favorite restaurants is on the far outskirts of town they hang Humming Bird feeders on all the trees and we love watch these fascinating critters from the windows....

@Spurt  My problem is I want it all. I don't want temps above 85, I want Hummingbirds around all yr long, long days...or days that don't become shorter...which means we need to live closer to the equator. Moving to Costa Rica then comes to mind.

And then by living that far south, one can't appreciate all of what Fall offers further north either. If only the days didn't get shorter...but then the leaves wouldn't change colors...LOL

I keep telling myself it could be worse...living up by the arctic circle and go days without sunlight in the winter.

I must have that condition SAD but just neverwent to the Dr's to actually be diagnosed with the condition. I tried adding the specific lights...we also have plenty of them in the basement with the same spectrum of lighting to grow plants but just never found sitting near them for any length of time to be helpful.

Anyway, I would love to go to your local restaurant...sounds wonderful! Do you live far enough south in Texas to have hummers during the winter? Some species of hummers do winter in Texas.

LOL at the hummer that was displeased about you not feeding the feeder! I just love their high pitch chatter Smiley Very Happy

One time when I was replacing the feeders after they had been cleaned and refilled, one of them landed on my finger at one of the ports on the feeder. I was adjusting the landing/perch ring and the hummer was so impatient it didn't bother to wait til I was finished...HA! I just froze and enjoyed the moment. It was so cool to feel the breeze from it's wings as it took off again.

@Susan Louise 

Sorry to hear about your condition caused by lack of sunlight (SAD).....

WOW---that was so neat the Hummer landed on your finger --what a precious moment!!! 

In my part of Texas the Hummers stick around until November, then they head South into Mexiĉo....The Ruby Throated Hummers do spend winters along the Texas Coast but that's further South from me.....They come back to our area in early March...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I'm in the mood for an early Fall this year, too.

I just purchased a new gorgeous Fall pillow at TJ Maxx and decided to go ahead and put it on my living room sofa.....makes me happy just to look at it. Smiley Happy

Diggiing out some of my Fall candles today. So much fun.

I am NOT a fan of summer. 

@Regal Bee  What brands/scents do you enjoy the most? I would say 75% of candles we have are YC and 25% are Homeworx.

@Susan Louise   I have a lot of Yankee Candles but haven't purchased many in the last couple of years. The new ones don't have the scents of the old ones....for me.

I love Harry's candles but have to be really careful not to burn them too long....they are super scented and fill my home. Just love them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I'm in the mood for an early Fall this year, too.

I just purchased a new gorgeous Fall pillow at TJ Maxx and decided to go ahead and put it on my living room sofa.....makes me happy just to look at it. Smiley Happy

Diggiing out some of my Fall candles today. So much fun.

I am NOT a fan of summer. 

I ordered a Fall pillow the other day...put out the Fall decor last weekend...only 1 more day of July...YEA! Just couldn't wait!! Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@SunnysMom wrote:

Great, thx for the information...I always track the northern migration for Hummers and Orioles. I have both...Orioles have left my place in Spring Hill Kansas....but are still active where I keep my horse in Lansing KS...those may be migratory Orioles.  

Some weather people think early Fall...

We live in the woods by Hillsdale Lake, thank goodness I have lots of birds that are here 12 months out of the year. But I love seeing the migrators even if it is for just a short time 

Take Care

I live in Overland Park, KS...started seeing some hummers a couple weeks ago..LOVE them! My friend lives in Garden City..Mo..she has a managerie of dogs, cats and a horse to care for. She LOVES living in the country..! She sees all kinds of little creatures...tree frogs..turtles, birds...etc! Heart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@doolie wrote:

No longer a fan of summer.   Can't take the heat and humidity.   Starting slowly wth Fall this week.  I so long for the cool crisp leaf blowing days of Autumn.

Me too..can't stand the heat and humidity!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Susan Louise 

I must have that condition SAD but just never went to the Dr's to actually be diagnosed with the condition. I tried adding the specific lights...we also have plenty of them in the basement with the same spectrum of lighting to grow plants but just never found sitting near them for any length of time to be helpful.

LOL at the hummer that was displeased about you not filling the feeder! I just love their high pitch chatter Smiley Very Happy

Bless his little heart...Heart One of the women I cared for had a feeder outside her kitchen window..we watched it all morning..what pleasant memories!

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Re: Time for Autumn...

[ Edited ]

@emmysmom wrote:

@SunnysMom wrote:

Great, thx for the information...I always track the northern migration for Hummers and Orioles. I have both...Orioles have left my place in Spring Hill Kansas....but are still active where I keep my horse in Lansing KS...those may be migratory Orioles.  

Some weather people think early Fall...

We live in the woods by Hillsdale Lake, thank goodness I have lots of birds that are here 12 months out of the year. But I love seeing the migrators even if it is for just a short time 

Take Care

I live in Overland Park, KS...started seeing some hummers a couple weeks ago..LOVE them! My friend lives in Garden City..Mo..she has a managerie of dogs, cats and a horse to care for. She LOVES living in the country..! She sees all kinds of little creatures...tree frogs..turtles, birds...etc! Heart

@emmysmom  The Fall migration would not have started that early, however I checked the map...

You are so fortunate you live far enough east that you are in the breeding range of the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and are able to see them during the Summer too Smiley Happy