Respected Contributor
I’m not a fan is Summer. Dread the extreme heat and all that goes with it. Although I don’t decorate that much, Fall is my favorite season. Love the colors of Fall, crunchy leaves, wearing a jacket, and not carrying ice packs and insulated bags to the grocery store. I also like Fall and Winter clothing more then anything Spring and Summer. Plan to get my Fall silk flowers out of storage next couple days along with my blush color kaleidoscope VPH tree and put some silk Fall leaves around the base. Enjoy whatever season tickles your fancy!
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise  Great minds must think alike. @sweetee2  also posted a Fall harbinger notice! I LOVE fall... almost as much as I LOVE winter. Looking forward to everything about the next 6 months! Haven't put out anything yet, but I will after the family leaves for home after our yearly August Summer Homecoming.

Contributor

Susan Louise, Fall Festival is one of my very favorite candles from YC!! Years ago, when I thought they might be discontinued, (and I was right), I bought 4 of them, and now those are gone....I contacted Yankee twice to see if they'd bring them back, and they always said they'd advise the powers that be, so to speak. So far, they've never been back, on their website, anyway.  So....I'm wondering if you're burning old ones, or do you know of anywhere I can get them? TIA...I'd be beyond thrilled to get this scent back!!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise , I live in the south, and we really don't have much of a fall, but I do love fall/harvest decorating!  My late summer decorating (sunflowers) I put out right after July 4th, and will put up fall in late Sept. or 1st of Oct.!

Honored Contributor

Re: Time for Autumn...

[ Edited ]

I hate there is never a break from heat & humidity here in FL.

I miss the seasons and more living here...I force myself to get in a Fall/Christmas mood when it's 80+ degrees year round☹️

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I'm in the mood for an early Fall this year, too.

I just purchased a new gorgeous Fall pillow at TJ Maxx and decided to go ahead and put it on my living room sofa.....makes me happy just to look at it. Smiley Happy

Diggiing out some of my Fall candles today. So much fun.

I am NOT a fan of summer. 

Edited to add my new pillow................yay!

2836-RT.jpg

So pretty!  You and @Susan Louise both have such a touch with decorating!

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SunnysMom wrote:

How far north are you?  I am in KS....my hummers have been so few this year.   

@SunnysMom  We are in Lincoln Nebraska and live 60 miles outside of the western edge of the Ruby-throated Hummingbird breeding range. Hence, we don't see them during the summer.

We document/record/keep counts during the Spring & Fall migration periods and started in 2008. During the Spring the earliest migrator was on 5/2/2016 & latest was on 6/12/2009. During the Fall migration period the earliest was today...no joke. The previous earliest Ruby-throated Hummingbird migrator was on 7/30/2015 and the latest was on 10/17/2010.

Side note: our earliest Rufus Hummingbird was on 7/28/2010...tied with our Ruby-throated Hummingbird today!!! Smiley Very Happy

Below is a Spring migration map from 2016. The arrow points to where we are and when I submitted our sighting that year on 5/2. The pink area also gives a rough image of the breeding range of the Ruby-throated Hummingbird too. Around our location, the closest that breed are around the Omaha area near the Iowa border...so about 60 miles away.

SpringMigration2016.jpg

That map is fascinating.  Where I live in eastern Tennessee, we see our first Hummingbirds about late March and they stay through September.  There's always a single one first and then others later.  Currently, I have five of them fighting it out at my feeder.  They fascinate me and my husband!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I'm in the mood for an early Fall this year, too.

I just purchased a new gorgeous Fall pillow at TJ Maxx and decided to go ahead and put it on my living room sofa.....makes me happy just to look at it. Smiley Happy

Diggiing out some of my Fall candles today. So much fun.

I am NOT a fan of summer. 

Edited to add my new pillow................yay!

2836-RT.jpg

So pretty!  You and @Susan Louise both have such a touch with decorating!

Lovely!!!!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West