Honored Contributor

Except for one hour shoe shopping, QVC to start fall decor on Tuesday, August 6...all day!  

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I guess I am strange. Even though I love holiday decorating and I live in hot, hot Arizona I love summer and sunshine. Maybe because I prefer summer to winter clothing and I am also a big baseball fan - to me summer is baseball. I did decorate for fall early last year - I think sometime in August - I'm going to wait a little longer this year.

I do have to do some early prep though. In about a week I will be starting some chemotherapy for a breast tumor and I have no idea how sick I will feel. I am going to get down all my boxes and storage containers that require ladder climbing and stack them in my spare room so that I can access them whenever I wish. I have my priorities - holiday decorating is important!

I want to see pics from early decorators so I can copy all the good ideas.

@froggy Best wishes to you.  I did chemo 15 years ago with no major issues and hope you have as easy a time as I did.  Be sure to keep your mouth very clean as it is easy to develop thrush while your immune system is compromised.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

I guess I am strange. Even though I love holiday decorating and I live in hot, hot Arizona I love summer and sunshine. Maybe because I prefer summer to winter clothing and I am also a big baseball fan - to me summer is baseball. I did decorate for fall early last year - I think sometime in August - I'm going to wait a little longer this year.

I do have to do some early prep though. In about a week I will be starting some chemotherapy for a breast tumor and I have no idea how sick I will feel. I am going to get down all my boxes and storage containers that require ladder climbing and stack them in my spare room so that I can access them whenever I wish. I have my priorities - holiday decorating is important!

@froggy Best wishes to you.  I did chemo 15 years ago with no major issues and hope you have as easy a time as I did.  Be sure to keep your mouth very clean as it is easy to develop thrush while your immune system is compromised.

@Marsha2003 

Thanks for the advice! I am not much worried and anticipate a good outcome. And I already have a compromised immune system as I also have lupus so I'll be careful!. Anyway I just don't want my holiday fun messed up.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@froggy   I hope you sail through treatments uneventfully. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Great, thx for the information...I always track the northern migration for Hummers and Orioles. I have both...Orioles have left my place in Spring Hill Kansas....but are still active where I keep my horse in Lansing KS...those may be migratory Orioles.  

Some weather people think early Fall...

We live in the woods by Hillsdale Lake, thank goodness I have lots of birds that are here 12 months out of the year. But I love seeing the migrators even if it is for just a short time 

Take Care

Valued Contributor

Nothing wrong with decorating for Harvest in the next week, as Harvest begins in August. Remember the days when sweet corn wasn’t available all year round, and you’d get so excited in mid-August when the corn stands would pop up on the side of the road? That’s always marked the beginning of Harvest for me.

Super Contributor

No longer a fan of summer.   Can't take the heat and humidity.   Starting slowly wth Fall this week.  I so long for the cool crisp leaf blowing days of Autumn.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Time for Autumn...

[ Edited ]

@froggy best of luck with your treatments. I found using biotine very helpful in combatting dry mouth and protecting my teeth from the effects of chemo. I hope things go well. 

I too am a big fan of fall. Wish it was a longer season. 

Honored Contributor

@froggy 

I wish you the very best and good recovery and outcome...Heart!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Time for Autumn...

[ Edited ]

I can say with assurance....I HATE Summer!!!--Don't like the heat and humidity, the bugs, etc etc....

My favorite seasons are Autumn and Winter....now I live in Texas and our interpretations of the seasons are a little different.😏...but I do  love the cooler weather....the Fall colors, fall decor, football, wearing sweaters and long sleeves, pumpkins etc....and the Winter and everything about the Christmas season, hôt chocolate, homemade soup, cozy throws on cold winter days, and all the events during this time of year...Woman Very Happy

@Susan Louise 

I do love all the wild flowers here in the spring...it's just spectacular.....

We get the Hummers here..One time a Hummer fussed at me because I hadn't refilled the feeder...😆..

One of our favorite restaurants is on the far outskirts of town they hang Humming Bird feeders on all the trees and we love watch these fascinating critters from the windows....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”