Esteemed Contributor

I'm not watching CIJ, but I do check online under the recently on air tab.  It seems like they keep showing the same things over and over.  QVC, don't you realize how boring this is??

Now I know someone is going to say, but different people watch at different times.  I know that, just let me express my opinion, please.

Trusted Contributor

I don't usually watch Christmas shows as I don't really buy things to decorate, I have more than enough items in that category.  Our children are grown and usually get money, we don't exchange with extended family and how many years can you continue to buy item after item for the same holiday?

I realize it's marketing and retail is really down, has been for several years.  I have seen QVC and other retail outlets revise their strategies drastically over the recent years.  The idea is obviously to sell, sell, sell. They do want to appeal to the masses. That's the idea of marketing, but the long timers are not interested in old product lines.

To me, the variety is very lacking and it does not draw in the customers that have shopped for years and are continuing to see the same things week after week.  How much purchasing can one do with the same vendor?

I can't see it myself - just me?

Super Contributor

I agree with patriot--I used to do almost all of my Christmas shopping with QVC, but back then they would have new and unique items every year.  That is no longer the case and the repetition IS boring so I shop locally now.  Actually, I find better prices locally also.  It's a win/win!

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I'm not watching CIJ, but I do check online under the recently on air tab.  It seems like they keep showing the same things over and over.  QVC, don't you realize how boring this is??

Now I know someone is going to say, but different people watch at different times.  I know that, just let me express my opinion, please.

@Patriot3  I agree that those of us who have been here for years need to see something new.  I still watch most of the Home decor just seeing if I can get ideas for using what I have already.  

Honored Contributor

The past 2 years have been terrific for me with pieces I got on the Q for decorating...mainly from VPH and Luminara. There always seemed to be many items that we would expect to see consistantly every year...like the Lenox Cristmas ornament sets.

Personally, they are not my taste, and I do get tired of seeing the presentations, but that is what the remote is for. There are thousands of folks that collect those ornaments.

Then there are the decor pieces that keep returning every year because they are so popular that new colors or updated versions come out. Sometimes I am happy about that if it's an item I love...so in the end, it makes most everyone happy. I just enjoy watching most CIJ shows Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was just about to start a thread in the same idea.

I cannot believe how lack luster CIJ is this year. 

I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I have too much already, they are re running so many things (even though nice, just not new and exciting) from last year, and most of the new offerings just don't have a 'wow' factor for me.

The real thing actually starts tonight, so we'll see if Valerie has more things that haven't been posted online yet, but in general, it does just seem like the same items, over and over this month.

Esteemed Contributor

Oddly....I have seen several items I have never seen them present before...it has been refreshing...

Respected Contributor

I am now suffering from "flash pad-itis" except it is with the TSV blankets.  I have purposely taken this weekend off & today was anything but exciting.  I am hoping tonight is ramping up to our expectations; it's wine-thirty so maybe my perspective will change, lol.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I am now suffering from "flash pad-itis" except it is with the TSV blankets.  I have purposely taken this weekend off & today was anything but exciting.  I am hoping tonight is ramping up to our expectations; it's wine-thirty so maybe my perspective will change, lol.  

@BornToShop  No one has been excited today.  I'm getting bored with it.  I did order the Mosaic spheres( H208694) in Silver from Valerie.  I have lots of spheres but these look beautiful to me.

I also received the five piece ceramic village with the two trees. (H206646).  I haven't tested the lights yet but I think they are really going to be great for where I plan to use them.  The trees are super pretty, wish they would be available to purchase separately.  I believe you mentioned that you  were thinking of ordering them. 

Hang in and hopefully, this CIJ will get better.  Valerie will have all new Sunday, 9-10 pm ET.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I've been antsy because I haven't been able to watch any, because I've been busy doing necessary things both inside and outside.  I finally tuned in for a few minutes not long ago.  In that few minutes I saw, of all things, the TSV blankets, the flash pad, a cat, a stereo, and that was all I could handle.  So much for being afraid I had missed some good items on air today!

I do wish I had been able to watch some of the Irish shows, mainly to see what was up with so many kinds of Chara hurricanes.  I will try to watch the video instead.  

Hoping that tomorrow and Sunday are going to be much more interesting.  Hoping I get to join in on the forum more tomorrow and Sunday.