Honored Contributor

Where is Colin Cowley (I think that's his name)

all this great discussion & ideas on the holiday forum just made me think :: I have beautiful home & entertaining pieces I bought from HSN over the years from Colin Cowley.

Is he no longer with HSN -- I didn't see him featured on CIJ sale this year.

If not, wonder where he is.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Where is Colin Cowley (I think that's his name)

@homedecor1 wrote:

all this great discussion & ideas on the holiday forum just made me think :: I have beautiful home & entertaining pieces I bought from HSN over the years from Colin Cowley.

@homedecor1 Colin Cowie is no longer with HSN. He did have some good items.  I bought a couple lit,  jeweled garlands as well as a beautiful silver branch candelabra from his collection.  it's a shame he left.  The only major Christmas vendor now is Winter Lane with David Monn, and I question the quality of these products.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @RazorSharp. He had beautiful things for entertaining for all seasons, I also enjoyed Nate Berkus (another no longer on HSN). I haven't bought any holiday pieces from Winter Lane.

oh and I just saw a picture on another thread of your beautiful pierced star & decor...beautiful! You have good decorator skills!

Thank you again & enjoy the rest of CIJ weekend! 

Trusted Contributor

Colin Cowie has a line of jewelry: estate, fine, and engagement rings and wedding bands on the online jewelry company, Blue Nile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RazorSharp wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@homedecor1 Colin Cowie is no longer with HSN. He did have some good items.  I bought a couple lit,  jeweled garlands as well as a beautiful silver branch candelabra from his collection.  it's a shame he left.  The only major Christmas vendor now is Winter Lane with David Monn, and I question the quality of these products.

@RazorSharp @homedecor1 I work from home from time to time and had on HSN's CIJ----  The first set David Monn decorated was done in silver and gold in a more elegant style which reminded me a bit of Lisa R's shows so I thought it was a bit diffeent and interesting BUT as the day wore on and I checked to see what they had it was as RAZORSHARP said kinda cheap looking in quality---I think Valerie's pedestals looked better and seemed to be better quality and Monn took some stick trees and did a demonstration of how to do a table arrangement with wine glasses---didn't impress me at all--- Their flameless candles looked like something from the dollar store...In fact HSN's entire CIJ seemed to be nothing more than those tiny tiny light strands that BL has on QVC---  I think HSN needs to bring Colin Cowie and Christopher Radko back.....or those Italian sisters that went to Evine.....  HSN's CIJ was a JOKE! Even with QVC's repitition at least so far they've managed to have a few new things and seem to be of better quality---(wished they had more NEW though).......and even HSN's CIJ sets were cheezy---JMHO of course Smiley Wink   The ladies on this forum including you RAZORSHARP do a much better job!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I don't know where Colin Cowie went, bu tI expect him to show up somewhre. LOL I ahve his snow wreath and garland, and they are magnificent. His other items, I was not pleased with.

This new person David Monn, I have never heard of, and I watched him the other day on HSN...his stuff was ordinary and looked, well, cheap. Most of his items I have seen before.

I miss Lisa's items, they were very nice, and we have similar decorating styles.

Respected Contributor

I wish QVC or HSN would bring back Christopher Radko. I have lovely ornaments that I bought years ago from QVC.