Trusted Contributor

Re: Received My Autumn Beauty Candle Rings Today.....

@SHOPR ~ The acorns are a soft gold and are beaded.  The top of the acorn is gold glitter.  Actually, the acorns are my favorite part of the item!  I like them but don't love them.  I'll keep them because I don't want to be out the shipping charges and the one does look nice in the kitchen.  I'm giving the other one to my mom tomorrow.  She likes more early american styles so it will be interesting to see what she thinks of it.  I might be bringing the other one back home.....  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@lucymo ~ Remember I mentioned I ordered three of the glitter maple leaf garlands? That was the first of a few purchases since the fall shows (made the purchase on the 9th).  They still are showing in process.  Everything else I ordered after that have shipped and should probably be here on Monday or Tuesday, including the candle rings I received today.  Funny, the garlands are the things I'm anticipating the most.  I hope your item comes soon!  :-)

@Julie928  That's what @Marsha2003 and I are trying to figure out why some orders ship before ones that were ordered sooner.  We are in no way begrudging the people who get theirs first but just wondering how the shipping process works.  Hope your garlands arrive soon.  I have the glitter maple leaf ones and I love them.  I did have to press out some of the creased leaves.  They are beautiful fall colors with glitter but I always shake off the excess glitter outside.  You will love them I'm pretty sure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 wrote:

@SHOPR ~ The acorns are a soft gold and are beaded.  The top of the acorn is gold glitter.  Actually, the acorns are my favorite part of the item!  I like them but don't love them.  I'll keep them because I don't want to be out the shipping charges and the one does look nice in the kitchen.  I'm giving the other one to my mom tomorrow.  She likes more early american styles so it will be interesting to see what she thinks of it.  I might be bringing the other one back home.....  :-)

@Julie928

If you (or others) are really unhappy with them, here are my thoughts.  If it's an obvious bare spot, and it's only on one of the rings, then you should confidently return these as defective, so that you will not be out any shipping charges either way.  

I really like the beaded effect on items like this, and how it adds a little something but is not too "out there".  

That's so funny about your mom, wondering what her reaction will be. I'd like to be a fly on the wall  :-)  You may be surprised and find that your mom loves the bling and wants more.  I didn't think my mom would ever go for the shiny mercury glass, but I took her some of the brown pedestals from the original sets of 3, and she really loves them and uses them year-round.  It's fun for all of us to try new things sometimes.  

Honored Contributor

Mine aren't here yet, but I was hesitant even when ordering that they wouldn't be good.

I won't settle for them if they are sparse or bent up from packing and can't be straighted well, or worse yet, come apart from straightening.

VPH things don't cost a fortune, but they should be complete and good for the price paid. 

I'll post back here after I see mine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Julie928 wrote:

@lucymo ~ Remember I mentioned I ordered three of the glitter maple leaf garlands? That was the first of a few purchases since the fall shows (made the purchase on the 9th).  They still are showing in process.  Everything else I ordered after that have shipped and should probably be here on Monday or Tuesday, including the candle rings I received today.  Funny, the garlands are the things I'm anticipating the most.  I hope your item comes soon!  :-)

@Julie928  That's what @Marsha2003 and I are trying to figure out why some orders ship before ones that were ordered sooner.  We are in no way begrudging the people who get theirs first but just wondering how the shipping process works.  Hope your garlands arrive soon.  I have the glitter maple leaf ones and I love them.  I did have to press out some of the creased leaves.  They are beautiful fall colors with glitter but I always shake off the excess glitter outside.  You will love them I'm pretty sure.

@lucymo @SHOPR  @Mominohio  I Haven't gotten mine yet either-- not scheduled to arrive until 8/17.... It is interesting to see how shipping time varies..maybe it has to do with the warehouse it's being shipped from ....... After reading the reviews I am a bit anxious to see how it will look with what I have in mind.... I will post a review when I receive them...But if Im not happy I will send them back....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo Post back if you find anything out from customer service.  I doubt they know, though, as they seem to be a call center completely severed from QVC's other processes.

@Marsha2003  I emailed CS tonight so will probably hear something tomorrow morning.  I've had better luck lately emailing rather than calling and I am polite and so are they.  I'll post back if I hear.  I've wondered about this before. 

One time I had an item on WL for months and they acquired more stock and sold them on air.  People who ordered from the show had their orders shipped out before my WL order was shipped.  Go figure.

Respected Contributor

@Julie928 Nice to see this thread, although mine haven't arrived.  Gee, I hope I like mine, but if I see anything that can't be "fluffed", they will be going back.  Sorry to hear yours weren't in very good condition. 

Mr. UPS man was here today, and boy, one would think it was Christmas LOL. 

I got a set of Valerie's 3 stackable lighted pumpkins, one set in orange and one in white.  I love them and we are testing the timers as I write this.

I also got my set of pumpkins/gourds from Candle Impressions (item H208396) and they are just beautiful. 

Also got the set of three champagne pinecones and they are also very pretty; testing the timers now.

The one day only of Valerie's (H208924) arrived today as well.  I ordered them in chocolate.  While they are very pretty, once we  put batteries in them and lit them, they just don't have "the look" if that makes sense.  They're pretty during the day, but not "pretty enough" to keep them.  It just might be that I ordered the chocolate.  When lit, the light is so bright that it almost takes away from them and they are very bright when lit.

The other thing that came is the beaded garland, which I haven't taken out of the bag yet.  The only problem is that our chandelier is silver tone and I'm not sure how well the gold wiring will look once wrapped around it.  I'll try it during the day and see what I think, because I don't enjoy packing things up and paying to return them all whilst waiting for the credit to return on the CC.

Sorry for being so long winded, but wanted to give some of my thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@Julie928 Nice to see this thread, although mine haven't arrived.  Gee, I hope I like mine, but if I see anything that can't be "fluffed", they will be going back.  Sorry to hear yours weren't in very good condition. 

Mr. UPS man was here today, and boy, one would think it was Christmas LOL. 

I got a set of Valerie's 3 stackable lighted pumpkins, one set in orange and one in white.  I love them and we are testing the timers as I write this.

I also got my set of pumpkins/gourds from Candle Impressions (item H208396) and they are just beautiful. 

Also got the set of three champagne pinecones and they are also very pretty; testing the timers now.

The one day only of Valerie's (H208924) arrived today as well.  I ordered them in chocolate.  While they are very pretty, once we  put batteries in them and lit them, they just don't have "the look" if that makes sense.  They're pretty during the day, but not "pretty enough" to keep them.  It just might be that I ordered the chocolate.  When lit, the light is so bright that it almost takes away from them and they are very bright when lit.

The other thing that came is the beaded garland, which I haven't taken out of the bag yet.  The only problem is that our chandelier is silver tone and I'm not sure how well the gold wiring will look once wrapped around it.  I'll try it during the day and see what I think, because I don't enjoy packing things up and paying to return them all whilst waiting for the credit to return on the CC.

Sorry for being so long winded, but wanted to give some of my thoughts.

@HisElk1  I actually like gold and silver together sometimes.  I guess you will have to wrap the garland to really know how it will look.  I use more gold and I was happy to get the gold wire as Valerie usually uses that wire that just looks like base metal, not a good silver  color even.  A garland is the first thing I ordered from Valerie way back there.

Sounds like you made quite a haul today.  Glad you're happy with most of it.  I got the Scroll Deer pair that had gone to B/O awhile ago.  They are really pretty and I haven't found any major flaws yet. 

Enjoy your new treasures.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo Post back if you find anything out from customer service.  I doubt they know, though, as they seem to be a call center completely severed from QVC's other processes.

@Marsha2003  I emailed CS tonight so will probably hear something tomorrow morning.  I've had better luck lately emailing rather than calling and I am polite and so are they.  I'll post back if I hear.  I've wondered about this before. 

One time I had an item on WL for months and they acquired more stock and sold them on air.  People who ordered from the show had their orders shipped out before my WL order was shipped.  Go figure.

@lucymo  Thank you for your follow-up.  Your idea to email is a good one.  I'll bet email goes direct to someone at QVC.  My rings show as being shipped from Virginia, by the way, which I think is the main warehouse.

Trusted Contributor

@Julie928 Thank you for posting this review. I have decided to cancel my wait list order!