Trusted Contributor

Received My Autumn Beauty Candle Rings Today.....

and wanted to give my opinion of them, as well as find out how all of you like yours.  This is for item # H208918 by Valerie.  Okay, one of the wreaths (as I call them) has no leaves, acorns, anything on one section on one side of it.  There is no way to fluff it up as the existing stems that are there are too short to stretch over.  I've decided to place that one on top of a larger birds nest I have and place a concrete bird inside of it.  Looks pretty good!  The other one is in good shape with no bare areas.  I'm using that one as a wreath and have it hanging in a smaller area in my kitchen.  They are also much "golder" than expected ~ almost metallic-like.  These aren't huge enough issues for me to send them back as I do like them and have found uses for them.  I seem to recall a couple years back I purchased a larger wreath of Valerie's and had the same problem with a bare area that couldn't be camouflaged.  How do all of you like yours?  Also, how will you use them?  I always enjoy reading about how so many of you decorate!  :-)

Respected Contributor

Re: Received My Autumn Beauty Candle Rings Today.....

@Julie928 Thanks for your review.  It's disappointing to hear that the rings aren't perfect. I'm not sure when I will receive mine as they only show that they are in transit to UPS.  I'm guessing that they will arrive sometime next week with any luck.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Julie928 Thanks for your review.  It's disappointing to hear that the rings aren't perfect. I'm not sure when I will receive mine as they only show that they are in transit to UPS.  I'm guessing that they will arrive sometime next week wit 

@Marsha2003, See someone else received theirs and mine aren't even on the radar yet.  I'm going to call CS and ask how this happens and which end of the order list they start shipping from. Smiley Wink

@Julie928 Sorry your rings aren't perfect.  I will return mine if they aren't what they should be. I get tired of having to turn  to show better side as these things aren't cheap.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo Post back if you find anything out from customer service.  I doubt they know, though, as they seem to be a call center completely severed from QVC's other processes.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo ~ Remember I mentioned I ordered three of the glitter maple leaf garlands? That was the first of a few purchases since the fall shows (made the purchase on the 9th).  They still are showing in process.  Everything else I ordered after that have shipped and should probably be here on Monday or Tuesday, including the candle rings I received today.  Funny, the garlands are the things I'm anticipating the most.  I hope your item comes soon!  :-)

Trusted Contributor

@Julie928 - I received mine yesterday.  I ordered two sets and after reading your post, I better take them all out and look at them.  They definitely need fluffing and rearraging to distribte the leave and betrries evenly around. I do like them and I  plan to hang them on the back of my 4 dining room chairs will a plaid fall ribbon,

Regular Contributor

I received my candle rings today also. I'm not sure I like them. They are SO coppery colored. Like others have said, the box is too small and they are smashed into the box so they need extreme fluffing and rearranging and trying to get the creases and wrinkles out of the leaves is difficult. I'm very disappointed in them. I went back and looked at the picture and the coppery color is not as noticeable so I guess that is why I'm surprised at the color of them. Not sure if I will keep them cause they are very expensive IMO but hard to find so I was willing to pay the price.

Trusted Contributor

@laj3169 ~ Yes!  When I look at the picture online it looks like a nice, soft, muted brown.  The copper really does seem to pop (not sure if it's in a good way, lol).  Our wallpaper in the kitchen is a cranberry & cream check so it actually looks kind of nice up on the wall.  I took the other one off the birds nest I wrote about because of the color ~ I have a lot of browns, taupes & muted tones (it's a woodland scene) and the copper color stood out like a sore thumb!  But you are correct ~ it's hard to find something this scale in the stores ~ believe me, I've looked!  :-)

Regular Contributor

Julie92 - Thanks for your input and describing how you will use yours. I mostly want to use mine on pedestals. I'll have to try them and experiment with them and see if the color "grows" on me. I love reading all the posts here in the holiday section. I've gone back and bought things after someone has posted how much they love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for the reviews.  I almost ordered them but backed out.  I was afraid that they would be more sparkly and metallic than I would really want in fall candle rings.  I do use some shiny items, including mercury glass pedestals, and I will be adding the new mg leaf design finials, if I ever get them and then decide to keep them.  Most of my other fall things are more rustic looking.  

How do the acorns look and what color are they?  I couldn't tell if they were yellow or supposed to be gold.  I liked that they looked beaded, though.