Honored Contributor

Re: PART OF MY CHRISTMAS ANNALEE GINGERBREAD DISPLAY

@Hooty wrote:

@mousiegirl, all you Christmas decor is beautiful, but my question is  ..........   where do you store all of them  ..........  your house must be huge!!!

@Hooty  Thank you. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Well, I am a blue ribbon crammer, LOL.  I bought quite a few many shelved steel shelving units on wheels that are in the garage, our cars no longer are, lol, and plastic boxes with lids from Costco, got everything out of  cardboard boxes so I can see what is in each box, makes it so much easier, and I have tons of the Bethlehem Lights storage bags, previous, and the new bags offered now.  The new have cushioning in them, and though hold a lot, don't hold quite as much as the previous as they are larger and square.  

I have closets with shelves to store tall fragile items, and there is one room that holds seasonal decor, mainly all of the Annalee dolls and faux slim trees from decades ago which I use in the dining room in the corners at Christmas with different themes.

I am at my limit now regarding storage of decor, so will try to behave next year.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  I love this.  The Annalee dolls are so cute and just make me happy to look at them.  I only have one because I knew if I got anymore it would become a new collection. You did a great job with the displays. Thanks for sharing.

@lucymo  Thank you!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl   This is a bit overdue but thank you for the good wishes.  I hope you and your family are doing well.  We are waiting for a snow storm to pass through on Sunday and here I was making spring plans.  We never know what we will get, usually freezing rain but spring will come.  I haven't dug out the bunnies yet but will probably next week.  Easter is pretty late this year.  I do love the bunnies but not buying any more this year, have plenty.  Can you believe I said that?  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  I love this.  The Annalee dolls are so cute and just make me happy to look at them.  I only have one because I knew if I got anymore it would become a new collection. You did a great job with the displays. Thanks for sharing.

@lucymo  Thank you!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl   This is a bit overdue but thank you for the good wishes.  I hope you and your family are doing well.  We are waiting for a snow storm to pass through on Sunday and here I was making spring plans.  We never know what we will get, usually freezing rain but spring will come.  I haven't dug out the bunnies yet but will probably next week.  Easter is pretty late this year.  I do love the bunnies but not buying any more this year, have plenty.  Can you believe I said that?  lol

@lucymo   I feel the same, will have to move out if I bring another bunny home, lol.  I am almost finished with my Easter display, havn't done one in two years, and this one is on the island instead of the table, so much smaller.

I am almost finished with the Fairy garden on the kitchen table, havn't done one of these either for two years.  It isn't as fantastic as the first as I didn't put out a lot of what I did before, have a lot of projects around the house that didn't get done last year, unbelievably, so am simplifying, but only a bit, lol.

I have begun using canvas prints as back drops for displays, and the Fairy garden backdrop is wonderful, a night forest with fireflies all over, perfect for a Fairy garden.

I have several three-tiered items so decided that one would be perfect in the Fairy garden, in the center, looks good if I do say so myself, lol.

It's still raining here, so there will be no draught this year, thank goodness.  Draughts are terrible on homes in this area as the clay rock shifts, have a huge crack in a downstairs stairwell wall that now needs to be repaired and painted, an expense I hadn't counted on, in addition to cracks at the corners of some windows.

I swore I wouldn't buy another daylily, but I lied to myself yet again, lol, just potted six yesterday as I knew it would be raining for the next week.

I gave a ton of divisions of daylilies and other perennials to my regular UPS guy as when I asked him if he would like Irises and daylilies, he said his wife wanted a garden.  I was shocked at how long it took me to get it all together, months, then I bagged, and they picked them up one evening.

I hope you and your family's health issues have passed., no fun dealing with that.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo   I feel the same, will have to move out if I bring another bunny home, lol.  I am almost finished with my Easter display, havn't done one in two years, and this one is on the island instead of the table, so much smaller.

I am almost finished with the Fairy garden on the kitchen table, havn't done one of these either for two years.  It isn't as fantastic as the first as I didn't put out a lot of what I did before, have a lot of projects around the house that didn't get done last year, unbelievably, so am simplifying, but only a bit, lol.

I have begun using canvas prints as back drops for displays, and the Fairy garden backdrop is wonderful, a night forest with fireflies all over, perfect for a Fairy garden.

I have several three-tiered items so decided that one would be perfect in the Fairy garden, in the center, looks good if I do say so myself, lol.

It's still raining here, so there will be no draught this year, thank goodness.  Draughts are terrible on homes in this area as the clay rock shifts, have a huge crack in a downstairs stairwell wall that now needs to be repaired and painted, an expense I hadn't counted on, in addition to cracks at the corners of some windows.

I swore I wouldn't buy another daylily, but I lied to myself yet again, lol, just potted six yesterday as I knew it would be raining for the next week.

I gave a ton of divisions of daylilies and other perennials to my regular UPS guy as when I asked him if he would like Irises and daylilies, he said his wife wanted a garden.  I was shocked at how long it took me to get it all together, months, then I bagged, and they picked them up one evening.

I hope you and your family's health issues have passed., no fun dealing with that.

@mousiegirl  My goodness, I can't wait to see your pictures.  I can look at them over and over. 

I feel bad that you have that extra expense.  It takes away from your purchasing daylilies and other pretty things.  LOL

I am still suffering the effects of anesthesia that went wrong but other than that we are doing much better.  We've hired a gardener to clean up the flower beds and trim shrubs. etc for spring. I plan to sit in the swing by the creek and enjoy all of the blooms this year.  I wonder if I can do that, I'll be jumping up and pulling weeds here and there. 

I am thinking of pulling out the bunnies, eggs and all the Easter stuff soon.  Just minimal this year.  I say that and I'll just keep adding until I have full blown Easter decorations.  I can't wait to see yours.

I miss our chats on here.  I think we are sisters that never met.  lol.  We do appreciate so many of the same things.  Zulily and those places, but haven't bought decor.  I look at it though and still drool over a lot of it.

Looking forward to those pictures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  My goodness, I can't wait to see your pictures.  I can look at them over and over. 

I feel bad that you have that extra expense.  It takes away from your purchasing daylilies and other pretty things.  LOL

I am still suffering the effects of anesthesia that went wrong but other than that we are doing much better.  We've hired a gardener to clean up the flower beds and trim shrubs. etc for spring. I plan to sit in the swing by the creek and enjoy all of the blooms this year.  I wonder if I can do that, I'll be jumping up and pulling weeds here and there. 

I am thinking of pulling out the bunnies, eggs and all the Easter stuff soon.  Just minimal this year.  I say that and I'll just keep adding until I have full blown Easter decorations.  I can't wait to see yours.

I miss our chats on here.  I think we are sisters that never met.  lol.  We do appreciate so many of the same things.  Zulily and those places, but haven't bought decor.  I look at it though and still drool over a lot of it.

@lucymo   You definitely are missed, and not only by me, just isn't the same without you. Smiley Happy

I am so sad that you are suffering, what horrible effects are so long lasting?  Were you given too much?  

I said the same when I brought the Fairy garden items out, didn't bring that many, but then I kept going back and forth until everything was on the table, LOL.  the difference this time is that there won't be any Charming Tails and much of the other items non fairy garden as I will put those in a Summer display.

I am not happy with the Easter display, really too much for the narrow area of the island, and even though I didn't put nearly what I have, still too crowded.

Last year, I had a display on the kitchen table that contained brown bunnies and families as I think white are for Easter, and I really enjoyed that display.

I have been wanting to create a beach display for a few years, but I doubt I will do it this year as though I originally thought to use the island, it won't be large enough, and the table might be too big, but better.

I am the same way in the garden.  When I used to have time to sit or lay on a chaise, did this at the other house, I would look around and see something that needed pruning or whatever, and up I would get, so not much relaxing, lol, but I was so much younger then, seemed I had more relaxing time then than I do now.

I think someone will have to be hired for weeding and carrying bags of potting soil from the driveway to the garden area, another level, since DH's back is not good now, and I am not strong enough for the bags.  I will still weed, so will see what I think after this year, just so much back breaking work to weed here.

I hope to see you more often, but certainly understand. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo   You definitely are missed, and not only by me, just isn't the same without you. Smiley Happy

I am so sad that you are suffering, what horrible effects are so long lasting?  Were you given too much?  

I said the same when I brought the Fairy garden items out, didn't bring that many, but then I kept going back and forth until everything was on the table, LOL.  the difference this time is that there won't be any Charming Tails and much of the other items non fairy garden as I will put those in a Summer display.

I am not happy with the Easter display, really too much for the narrow area of the island, and even though I didn't put nearly what I have, still too crowded.

Last year, I had a display on the kitchen table that contained brown bunnies and families as I think white are for Easter, and I really enjoyed that display.

I have been wanting to create a beach display for a few years, but I doubt I will do it this year as though I originally though to use the island, it won't be large enough, and the table might be too big, but better.

I am the same way in the garden.  When I used to have time to sit or lay on a chaise, did this at the other house, I would look around and see something that needed pruning or whatever, and up I would get, so not much relaxing, lol, but I was so much younger then, seemed I had more relaxing time then than I do now.

I think someone will have to be hired for weeding and carrying bags of potting soil from the driveway to the garden area, another level, since DH's back is not good now, and I am not strong enough for the bags.  I will still weed, so will see what I think after this year, just so much back breaking work to weed here.

@mousiegirl   No, I don't think they gave me too much anesthesia it was something that happens.  I have been on medication for the effects amd it has taken a lot of my energy.  But, I like to think positive so I just wait for it to go away.  Doctors say it will go away they don't know when.

I can't wait for spring to come so I can get outside.  It's been very cold here this winter and I only go out when I need to or there's a good sale somewhere.  Garden centers are starting to be ready for the big spring sales now.

I remember your husband having some problems and was off work some.  Did he get to go back to work?  My husband had cancer and it spread to his back so he can't lift a lot either. He will just mow weedeat.  He bought a new zero turn mower recently so shouldn't be too difficult.

I don't buy much from QVC anymore.  I've missed most of Valerie's shows this year.  I see that she's on but forget to watch.  I've donated so much decor that it's beginning to be more managable.

Great to chat with you and I'll check in from time to time to see what you're up to.  I'm watching for your pictures.  Tag me if you will and I won't miss them.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I have been wanting to create a beach display for a few years, but I doubt I will do it this year as though I originally though to use the island, it won't be large enough, and the table might be too big, but better.

@mousiegirl   No, I don't think they gave me too much anesthesia it was something that happens.  I have been on medication for the effects amd it has taken a lot of my energy.  But, I like to think positive so I just wait for it to go away.  Doctors say it will go away they don't know when.

I can't wait for spring to come so I can get outside.  It's been very cold here this winter and I only go out when I need to or there's a good sale somewhere.  Garden centers are starting to be ready for the big spring sales now.

I remember your husband having some problems and was off work some.  Did he get to go back to work?  My husband had cancer and it spread to his back so he can't lift a lot either. He will just mow weedeat.  He bought a new zero turn mower recently so shouldn't be too difficult.

I don't buy much from QVC anymore.  I've missed most of Valerie's shows this year.  I see that she's on but forget to watch.  I've donated so much decor that it's beginning to be more managable.

Great to chat with you and I'll check in from time to time to see what you're up to.  I'm watching for your pictures.  Tag me if you will and I won't miss them.

@lucymo   Yes, I will @ you when I post any pictures.

Your poor DH.   Mine is now doing specific exercises that he should have been doing for the last year but wasn't, which I didn't know, so now he has to because that is the only thing that works to keep the pain from returning.  He uses the teeter table also.

I don't buy nearly as much decor here as I used to, have so much already, mostly Valerie's garlands and the like.

Zulily is another matter, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo   Yes, I will @ you when I post any pictures.

Your poor DH.   Mine is now doing specific exercises that he should have been doing for the last year but wasn't, which I didn't know, so now he has to because that is the only thing that works to keep the pain from returning.  He uses the teeter table also.

I don't buy nearly as much decor here as I used to, have so much already, mostly Valerie's garlands and the like.

Zulily is another matter, LOL.

@mousiegirl   Oh yes, Zulily.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF5884.JPGDSCF5888.JPGDSCF5739.JPGDSCF5735.JPGDSCF5415.JPGDSCF5422.JPGDSCF7281.JPGDSCF5444.JPGDSCF5742.JPGThese pictures are from last Christmas, but I didn't post them, so here they are.DSCF5841.JPGDSCF5844.JPGDSCF5847.JPGDSCF5850.JPGDSCF5853.JPGDSCF5855.JPGDSCF5856.JPGDSCF5860.JPGDSCF5862.JPGDSCF5866.JPGDSCF5867.JPGDSCF5868.JPGDSCF5881.JPGDSCF5882.JPG

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Wow thankyou for sharing these wonderful pictures!  

So beautiful🎄🎅🏻 Enjoy your holiday season

homedecor1