Honored Contributor

Re: More Fall Decor Pictures.

@GCR18 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Looks good Lucy.  I like those pumpkins too.  I had the CI orange slim candles, but they all faded badly.  Had to move them along.  I bought new orange candles online after the season last year.  They are a dark rich orange.  I unpacked them today, but haven't put batteries in yet.  How much more decorating are you going to do?

@GCR18  The candles are not a true orange but to me, more coral.  I haven't used mine much so they are still like new. You probably remember when Valerie brought the pumpkins and the rooster.  I like that they are ceramic and not MG, and no batteries. I like the MG but have so many of them.

I still have quite a bit more decorating to do.  I probably won't post any more pictures just wait for you to post your pics.  LOL.

Ya, you're right they were coral.  Mine faded a lot.  I didn't really watch Valerie until the last couple years.  I didn't do holiday decor other than something for Christmas.  I put my mantel together before I went away, but I don't like it.  LOL.  I bought a Valerie garland that goes with my wreath.  I don't use garlands because my mantel isn't very wide.  Well the garland is taking up most of the width and everything is hanging on the end.  It's too busy and squished.  I need to take everything off the mantel, put the garland somewhere else and start again.  Not sure if I'll get to do it until the weekend.

@GCR18If you can't use the garland maybe just pick up some inexpensive garland cut it up and add pieces around or between your decor items.  I do that on shelves as they are usually narrow and it still gives the same effect.

Have fun.  It's hard to work all day then come home and decorate.  After I eat dinner I'm ready for the couch. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  Oh, yes, the mini pumpkins, I forgot about them.  I didn't get those as I have jars of them from different places.

I've wondered why Valerie hasn't brought more pumpkins  in ceramic as most of us would be interested.  I sure have plenty of the MG ones.  Our favorite pumpkins are the Mosaic ones from Plow and Hearth last year. They are so pretty, lit or not.

The pumpkins are hard to measure because they are irregular shaped but in the 5-7" height, and 5-6 " diameter, depending on where you measure on them. They aren't large ones but I like that that they aren't the perfect round shape.

@lucymo  Yes, I think I remember,  they look so big in your photo, and beautiful.  I havn't used the minis in a few years, but I should at least use the gourds interspersed here and there.  They get forgotten due to so much other decor I have.  I doubt I will use the pumpkins in the set as I have other pumpkins that I like to use and there is just so much space to display. Smiley Happy  I forgot I even had them until I was cleaning out a closet to make more storage room and I opened a box that wasn't labeled, and there they were, yelling, "hey, what about us," lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  Oh, yes, the mini pumpkins, I forgot about them.  I didn't get those as I have jars of them from different places.

I've wondered why Valerie hasn't brought more pumpkins  in ceramic as most of us would be interested.  I sure have plenty of the MG ones.  Our favorite pumpkins are the Mosaic ones from Plow and Hearth last year. They are so pretty, lit or not.

The pumpkins are hard to measure because they are irregular shaped but in the 5-7" height, and 5-6 " diameter, depending on where you measure on them. They aren't large ones but I like that that they aren't the perfect round shape.

@lucymo  Yes, I think I remember,  they look so big in your photo, and beautiful.  I havn't used the minis in a few years, but I should at least use the gourds interspersed here and there.  They get forgotten due to so much other decor I have.  I doubt I will use the pumpkins in the set as I have other pumpkins that I like to use and there is just so much space to display. Smiley Happy  I forgot I even had them until I was cleaning out a closet to make more storage room and I opened a box that wasn't labeled, and there they were, yelling, "hey, what about us," lol.

@mousiegirl That must be some of the sounds that I hear and wonder where they come from, the poor forgotten decor items calling out. LOL I just always assume it's the deer. It could be under the bed, in the closet, cabinets. garage, anywhere there's a few inches of space.

Valued Contributor

Love the pics. Ecspecially the pumpkins. Just beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo

I will post as soon as I can get one of my kids to help. I too enjoy seeing what other people have done. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@lucymo

I will post as soon as I can get one of my kids to help. I too enjoy seeing what other people have done. 

@panda1234  I had to laugh at waiting for the kids. Even  the little kids know all about  computers and phones.  I'll be watching for your pictures.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo

These kids just figure it out once they get the device.......never look at the manual. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo - thanks for sharing.  The Walmart candle rings look pretty nice.  I'm hoping to post some pictures, but I haven't really started and I'm getting company this weekend.  The only place I haven't checked out is Target.  Wonder if they have any interesting fall decor. 

Respected Contributor

Very pretty and thanks for sharing @lucymo

I haven't had the time to go through what harvest items I want to bring up from downstairs yet. I will start decorating in a few weeks. All I know is I have a lot of fall and recently bought more fall items at Pier1 and from Valerie. 

Valued Contributor

@lucymo It's very good to be back posting. We've got several trees that have started changing for fall. When it's windy you'd think it was fall, as it *rains* gold leaves already. Lots of areas nearby are changing every day as well. Can't be too soon for me as I love Fall! lol   pinky