Super Contributor
I know it’s really early but I was thinking about getting the window candles for the holiday. I need a lot! And I was just wondering if anyone has them, likes them, are they worth it? I’m still saving up for them but they are on my wish list.
Valued Contributor

I have a dozen of them, and they are really nice and reliable. They last 3 months on 2 C batteries. I used to keep them out all year long, but have put them in storage since I moved into a new apartment, as I don’t have as many windows. I’ll only use them at the holidays from now on.

Super Contributor
@MaryLamb I have two that run off C batteries but the larger set runs off D batteries. They no longer offer the candles that run on the C batteries. I love them too!
I was just wondering if there was a difference or are they just as lovely. Thank you!
Valued Contributor

@Fur Dude The ones I have are H201177, and I prefer these to the version that takes 2 D batteries, because they are more versatile. The D version are more “Dickensian” and seem more geared to holiday use. I suppose if your home is colonial style, they would look good year round, but they wouldn’t look so great in contemporary or modern homes all year.

Respected Contributor

When we moved to our new house, 20 years ago, we bought window candles from Bed Bath and Beyond to use at Christmas.  I get them out every year, and only a few have failed in all that time.   I can't hardly believe it myself.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor
@MaryLamb those are the candles I really wanted.
They have a slimmer base.
Valued Contributor

@Fur Dude  I wouldn’t be surprised if they came back. The ones I purchased several years ago sold out, then they brought back a “soft touch” version a couple years later. If you have Facebook, you can “Like” Janine Graff’s QVC page, and ask her directly if they might be coming back soon. They are also for sale on eBay, but they are really expensive there.

Also, you may want to consider finding an inexpensive taper holder that you like, buying them in bulk, then buying Luminara tapers in bulk on eBay and making your own version of window candles. You can buy a dozen new tapers there for $180 with free shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

I also have alot of lights, but last year Bethlehem Lights offered a new version with longer battery life with only two C batteries  as a  TSV. I thought I already have enough but the longer batterie life I liked. I love them. I put them in our other home we go to about 7 times a year and they are still going strong. I just have to reset the timer. I think it has been 6 or 7 months so far. 

They still have them here.

Super Contributor

I wish they would bring back the electric candles you plug in! QVC had them for a short time and then they were discontinued. 

Super Contributor
@MaryLamb Thank you for all the good tips I will take them into consideration before the big purchase .