Honored Contributor

Re: I Think Black Friday Has About Had It!

@stevieb wrote:

Absolutely. It's gotten to be little more than an annoying, over-hyped farce. If I see or hear the term 'door buster' again I think I'll scream. It now lasts for a week before and a week after and frankly, while I didn't venture out, of the countless 'sale' papers and never-ending repetitive emails I got I didn't see anything that made me stand up and take notice. I didn't make a single solitary purchase. 

Nor did I @stevieb.  I've thought and thought and can't think of a thing I need, especially electronic things.  I might be tempted by clothing or accessories but electronics leave me cold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Absolutely. It's gotten to be little more than an annoying, over-hyped farce. If I see or hear the term 'door buster' again I think I'll scream. It now lasts for a week before and a week after and frankly, while I didn't venture out, of the countless 'sale' papers and never-ending repetitive emails I got I didn't see anything that made me stand up and take notice. I didn't make a single solitary purchase. 

Nor did I @stevieb.  I've thought and thought and can't think of a thing I need, especially electronic things.  I might be tempted by clothing or accessories but electronics leave me cold.

@Kachina624 Exactly... I'm half way in the market for a new TV and half way in the market for a new laptop, but that's just it. I'm in the thinking stage and I'll do my research and look at my options in my own way and in my own time. All the supposed 'door busters' in the world aren't going to sway me and frankly, these kind of purchases aren't really the stuff dreams of made of for me. Rather, they're virtually 'necessities' of daily living, at least in this day and time. Regardless, these are not the kinds of things I'll be buying here. I can find better options, better prices, more customer friendly delivery and set-up services elsewhere.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

WHAT??? You ladies are not into PRE Black Friday, Black Friday WEEK, or cyber WEEK?!?! Shame on you .... just kidding ...

OMG ... why isn’t the entire month of November just a “November Holiday Shopping Event”. After all, it is just that. 

I do remember when it was just Black Friday ONLY!, now that was a one of a kind shopping day with some very good pricing. And ya know, there was not a lot of junk to be had then either compared to today. Oh, there has always been junk, but now the junk is out in full force it seems to me.

Still, remember waiting in line at 4 in the morning in the cold with my son at Fry’s, good memories - we were totally focused and knew exactly what we were there for.  Or, my daughter and I hitting the mall at 6 and getting some real good bargains on clothes and shoes. 

Yep. Now THAT was Black Friday!

Today, it is well, just click the complete order box... 

🎄happy Christmas shopping, no matter how or where you do it!🎄

-Texas Hill Country-
Frequent Contributor

Dooney & Bourke website has a 30% off sale now; here is an excerpt:

"Black Friday offer is valid through Monday, November 26th, 2018 at 11:59pm ET when you enter promotion code BLACKFRIDAY in your Shopping Cart"

Honored Contributor

Black Friday is nothing but hype ---  You can find better deals during the season....My gift list is small and NO BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING FOR ME!!!

My friends and I took a nice drive and stopped at quaint shops in small charming towns

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

In forgetting what day it really is...Told my husband this week is going fast because every day could be Friday! 

Spoiler
😆
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucky Brand Baley bootieMy Black Friday deal was just one thing, the Lucky Brand Baley bootie I've been coveting for a couple of months. Its regular retail price is $129, tho I found it on Nordstrom's for 2 days @ $77, then it went back up to $99. So on T-day, I checked the Lucky website again and they were having a 50% off everything 4 day sale. I finally ordered my Baley booties for $64.50. My sister & I combined our order so we also got the free shipping. Since the few things I'm "gifting" are already stashed away ready for wrapping, that means this year's tired ole Black Friday sales are history now. 

Honored Contributor

I started getting Black Friday e-mails starting November 1st. I think every day is Black Friday lol.

Honored Contributor

I only found a few things that were already on my list.