Honored Contributor

I Think Black Friday Has About Had It!

At least for me, I'm tired of getting e-mails and hearing about Black Friday.  I also didn't see much that even tempted me this year.

I think Amazon and some other retailers were simply trying to get rid of a bunch of junk they had lying around.

Did you see much this year that excited you?  

Respected Contributor

Re: I Think Black Friday Has About Had It!

I find nothing exciting to purchase. Some so called sales are as you say, dropping price to get rid of old, unexciting inventory. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

At least for me, I'm tired of getting e-mails and hearing about Black Friday.  I also didn't see much that even tempted me this year.

I think Amazon and some other retailers were simply trying to get rid of a bunch of junk they had lying around.

No, not much excited me.  I don't think that Black Friday deals always offer the best price(s).  I did venture out Thanksgiving evening with my brother in law to Kohls to get a vacuum.  He got a good deal after he applied all his discounts and coupons.  I was surprised at how NOT busy Kohls was.  We got there 10 minutes before opening and there was hardly a line.  Walked in and walked out. 

Honored Contributor

I've deleted the same emails four or five times each day.  I didn't really look hard, but didn't see anything I wanted to buy.  The only real bargain I came across was cat treats at Amazon.  I placed an order for my mother.

Esteemed Contributor

I got better pricing the weekend before Black Friday.

Picked up a comforter and shams at PB for the guest bedroom 50% off. Black Friday they were only 30% off.

I get offers via email from All Clad. Picked up a pan I'd been price watching for a year. Best price + free ship. Black Friday was free ship on orders of $149 and the price on the pan went up by $10.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Black Friday was non-existent for me, did no shopping, had no interest in shopping. Hope any who shopped found bargains that made it worth their time and effort.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely. It's gotten to be little more than an annoying, over-hyped farce. If I see or hear the term 'door buster' again I think I'll scream. It now lasts for a week before and a week after and frankly, while I didn't venture out, of the countless 'sale' papers and never-ending repetitive emails I got I didn't see anything that made me stand up and take notice. I didn't make a single solitary purchase. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I purchased some Christmas gifts because of the free shipping.  I also purchased essential oil candles for myself.  Then I found out about Eve Pearl's 60% off on her site and could not resist so I bought the 3 way blush and a creme foundation in tube.  I can't believe my jacket was delivered today from Nordstrom.  It will be going back.  I tried it on and it is beautiful but I look like a BEAR.  It's that teddy bear jacket in black but the bulk of the faux fur is too overwhelming for me.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I didn't see any sales on things I really wanted, but I wasn't in the market for electronics which seem to be the big sellers during Black Friday.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Agreed @Sooner I finally had to unsubscribe to several emails as I was receiving 2-3 counting down the same deal (i.e. 6 hrs...4 hrs...2 hrs) ugh noooo!