Honored Contributor

I can't believe it either.  It's not even Halloween for pete sake.  I understand that Q needs to do the holiday decor shows so that people have the items to decorate with in time for the holidays.  

However, I'm not even close to being in holiday decor mode.  Truth be told, I didn't even pull out much for fall yet.  I just realized last night that while I did put my fall wreath on my front door, I never put my Halloween door mat out.  I guess I should do that before trick-or-treat Tuesday.  LOL

Anyhow, by the time many of us are ready to think about the holidays, QVC is virtually done.  Again, I understand they need to allow for shipping of the items but why can't they have decor shows still and show people various ways to use what they've purchased, while still selling? 

I don't know. I'm just throwing that out here.  I just find it ridiculous that it was already her last show and we're in October.          

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio, case in point, last night QVC had a 2 hour Josie Maran show.  I flipped over to Q2 which was live and they were presenting a Josie Maran kit with the other vendor rep. 

@Spurt, besides the HALO TSV, I'd like to know how many of those microfiber cleaning sets they brought in?  Those are on constantly.  Flipped on Q2 this morning and was a taped show from this morning but there was Mary Nelson selling that set yet again.  Nearly every single time I do a Q check, that set is on. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

they realize we can buy all this stuff at much less locally?

@jackthebear

I agree some of the decor stuff maybe overpriced, but if its unique it still seems to sell well............Meanwhile it seems that QVC overstocked their Halo TSV because they are STILL trying to get rid of it......and outdated electronics dont sell well either......and homecooks are complaining they are tired of nothing but copper chef with mixed reviews....and how much cosmetics can one use and need????????? And how many vacuums????  And most folks hate practical gifts anyway...

@Spurt

@jackthebear

I agree, a lot of decor items (especially holiday) have twins or cousins sitting in places like Hobby Lobby and other such stores, sometimes for less money.

But how Q entices their customer is through hosts and vendors like Valerie Parr Hill, that bring entire collections, already coordinated, demonstrated, curated and put together for you in one place, on easy pay, shipped right to your door.

This is a big draw for a lot of people. Some don't have a lot of retail in their location, some don't have the means or time to get to retail. Some have no idea how to put things together, mix and match them. Some just get caught up in the excitement of the whole thing and buy regardless of their other options.

And with Valerie, she does a good job of bringing things for a number of years, that work back to things she brought to us in the past, so some form of continuity in the decor. She is also great at showing how to take just one of her items (or one grouping like a wreath, garland, picks, and candle rings) and use them with ordinary things you already have (flameless candles, a basket, old candle pedestals, and a red table runner) and make a complete look for a table or sideboard. 

There becomes a bit of a 'club' if you will, of people on the forums here, and on facebook and other social media, that follow her and each other, and that leads to a lot more sales and ideas for people as well.

So I guess my point is that getting the stuff at a lower price isn't what shopping is all about where Q and their home decor is concerned. It is more of an experience, especially with the social media aspect of it for many people, that can't be replicated with just me, a cart, and an hour in Hobby Lobby.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@michigangirl723 I've been reading all of the posts on this thread, and most of them reflect my thoughts. It would make total sense to have at least one, but maybe more holiday specific shows that included decor every week from July through December.. Something like ITKWD. I, for one, would love to see decor shows continue well into December, because that's when I realize my decor deficiencies. I would buy for the following year if they were offered. My local stores have been picked over by that time. I also don't get out to the local stores on a regular basis. Also, I have rarely bought a gift on QVC from one of their "gift" shows that didn't turn out to be just so-so. It's like those items you see on Sharper Image that seem like a good idea at the time, but then...no.

@PA Mom-mom

Oh my! I can see the eyes rolling all over America, with the idea of a weekly holiday decor show! But as Mary Beth would say, "Here's the thing"......

This would be a great idea in that Q has finally picked up on the thought that not all decor items in a holiday show (or a seasonal show) have to be seasonal or holiday specific.

They are getting great at bringing in flameless candles for fall, in sage, pumpkin brown and ivory. Great basics that will be useful all year, but can stand as seasonal for a harvest home decor show, but then show the brown ones with green and pine cones for holiday winter, the ivory with a beach theme for summer, etc. Same thing with lanterns, very adaptable for year round, but show with some Christmas or fall ideas, to tie in to the spirit of the show.

So make those shows a combination of specific seasonal things (like a Lenox ornament set), but mixed with seasonless items dressed up for the season, and I think a weekly show for the last half of the year would be great.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mominohio, case in point, last night QVC had a 2 hour Josie Maran show.  I flipped over to Q2 which was live and they were presenting a Josie Maran kit with the other vendor rep. 

@Spurt, besides the HALO TSV, I'd like to know how many of those microfiber cleaning sets they brought in?  Those are on constantly.  Flipped on Q2 this morning and was a taped show from this morning but there was Mary Nelson selling that set yet again.  Nearly every single time I do a Q check, that set is on. 

@Lipstickdiva

I agree, We are just inuandated with Argan Oil and if I took a poll many customers could repeat the "fascinating" story of its discovery...and it always seems to find a place in the weekend lineup...and I quickly change the channel....and now QVC is even doubling the fun....I wonder if it was also on Beauty IQ.....I heard she purchased a home in West Chester (probably because she is on QVC so much she got tired of staying in a hotel)........But that's how QVC is...they're like a dog with a bone and you can't get QVC to release the stale and go with more creative program....well their financial results is taking a hit too with their status quo themes......And its not just Argan Oil...as we've said throughout this thread its other vendors too........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Visitor

Very disappointing to hear that they won't be having more Holidays with Jill shows! October is way too early for these shows to end. I don't get it - they always seemed to do very well with a lot of the items selling out. Jill did a great job.  Judging by the comments on this thread, a lot of us looked forward to these shows. 

Super Contributor

So do y'all not like 'Holidays with Shawn"?

Honored Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

I'm not a fan of anything with Shawn.

And since we are complaining, not a fan of anything with Kirstin either, striking a pose at every move. 

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@topcat10 wrote:

I'm not a fan of anything with Shawn.

And since we are complaining, not a fan of anything with Kirstin either, striking a pose at every move. 

Lol!, that's why I posted it - same here!!!!!....it has definitely become the Shawn channel (Shawn says Accessorize, The Find with Shawn, PMStyle with Shawn, now Holidays with Shawn).... Ugh!

Honored Contributor

I was looking at Jill's FB page the other day and not only are there no more holiday shows with Jill, she said there are no more You're Home with Jill shows scheduled for the rest of 2017.  She was encouraging people to contact CS at QVC or e-mail the social team and let them know you want more holiday programming with her her and home shows.  She said this was a management decision that she had nothing to do with.

As far as Shawn, I have no issue with Shawn but that Friday night holiday show is nothing more than a holiday gift show with Shawn's name.  It's not a decorating show and I don't believe she even has much input as to what is in the show.  Surely Shawn isn't going to be gifting all those cleaning supplies/items she is presenting.