Super Contributor

I have been posting on QVC's facebook to please give Jill a weekly Holidays with Jill show.  If other hosts can have one, why can't she?  I love her holiday shows and miss them very much.  She has great style and great decor style.  I'll just keep posting!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nadine O wrote:

I have been posting on QVC's facebook to please give Jill a weekly Holidays with Jill show.  If other hosts can have one, why can't she?  I love her holiday shows and miss them very much.  She has great style and great decor style.  I'll just keep posting!!!

I don't know why this has changed. If I remember correctly the shows were scheduled last year during the Holiday season and they were abruptly switched to gift shows. 

As they say the squeaky wheel gets the oil so maybe if we talk/complain about it nonstop they will listen...but unfortunately they haven't listened so far and it's been a yearWoman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...it seems there are less and less decorations for the harvest/fall time and Christmas Decorations are big in Christmas in July and a few weeks after...but then you see mostly the same decorations offered..not many new items after the CIJ shows.................and i remember last year by Nov. you didn't see many decoration shows......so now

again we will be shown tons of "gift" shows...mostly the same products we are offered year round.....but just like last year beauty products and gadgets will be on CONSTANTLY..i was so surprised that Josie Maran was Jills first guest today on the  Holiday with Jill show......

Philosophy, Josie, Geller, Malley, IT, Dalton, Calista, 

Wen, Chavez, etc etc etc.......will be the heavy hitters for the next few weeks.......with Dyson, Shark , HP , beds,

thrown in between.......................and a jewelry show here and there.............................

Respected Contributor

Lot's of flashlights....many different colors and sizes....that's a big gift idea item they push LOL!  

I think there's to much competition in holiday decor for them....I can find so many things locally with no shipping charges...so perhaps they have gotten stuck with to much inventory in the past. Just guessing

Respected Contributor

It does seem kind of ridiculous - Christmas in July is fine,  places have been doing that for years. What I don't remember is turning Christmas in July into Christmas in July thru October. 

They do seem to drag it out over several months without bringing in a lot of new or different kinds of items thru out this time period, except just a few things here and there thrown into the mix.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

they realize we can buy all this stuff at much less locally?

@jackthebear

I agree some of the decor stuff maybe overpriced, but if its unique it still seems to sell well............Meanwhile it seems that QVC overstocked their Halo TSV because they are STILL trying to get rid of it......and outdated electronics dont sell well either......and homecooks are complaining they are tired of nothing but copper chef with mixed reviews....and how much cosmetics can one use and need????????? And how many vacuums????  And most folks hate practical gifts anyway...

unique   

key word

Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill

[ Edited ]

I like the CIJ programming and while I don't devote an entire day to watching, I catch bits and pieces of shows, then check items recently on air and watch the video of things I might be interested in. Then, the rest of the year I generally forget the programs are on and miss them entirely so then same process of catching videos. I still find I have ordered several items. I do find that without the savings on buying more than 1 item on S&H has kept me from ordering more. I don't use E-Z pay, so that is zero incentive to me. I also agree with those who say they are pricing themselves out of (my) market, I can find very similar if not exact same items much cheaper within an hour's drive, so that is coming more into play, for me, also. Now, to what this thread was about, lol, I like Jill's shows best when she is on, by herself, she doesn't need someone to explain the products, she is very good at that herself.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@michigangirl723 I've been reading all of the posts on this thread, and most of them reflect my thoughts. It would make total sense to have at least one, but maybe more holiday specific shows that included decor every week from July through December.. Something like ITKWD. I, for one, would love to see decor shows continue well into December, because that's when I realize my decor deficiencies. I would buy for the following year if they were offered. My local stores have been picked over by that time. I also don't get out to the local stores on a regular basis. Also, I have rarely bought a gift on QVC from one of their "gift" shows that didn't turn out to be just so-so. It's like those items you see on Sharper Image that seem like a good idea at the time, but then...no.

Trusted Contributor

I think we're lucky to get any home decor at all, with the emphasis now on electronics, beauty, vacuums, QVC owned clothing brands and the like.   QVC used to be known for it's unique items, but now they are just trying to be another on-line retailer.

Regular Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom

Completely agree with you...weekly holiday decor shows would be great! Too bad we don't make the decisions! Smiley Frustrated