Regular Contributor

I was surprised to hear Jill say that this was her last Holidays with Jill Bauer show for the season already. I thought she would have at least another show in November. Bummer...I like a lot of her style of decor she brings just for those shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill

[ Edited ]

Q is in leftover mode right now.  They will sell everything at a higher price with the threat of no more are being brought in before Christmas so if you want it you have to get this at this price.

Honored Contributor

They are really taking the joy out of holiday home decor shopping for me. I looked forward to watching the shows with Jill and Lisa. The themed Holiday shows each week with Jill were a must watch for me and same goes for Lisas shows on Friday nights pre Christmas.... I wish they would go back tom their old format of Holiday Decor shows.

Honored Contributor

Christmas starts in July and ends in October.

Note to self.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC seems to be stopping the Christmas decor shows earlier and earlier....it seems we could have one or two more .....we haven't even hit Halloween yet!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

QVC seems to be stopping the Christmas decor shows earlier and earlier....it seems we could have one or two more .....we haven't even hit Halloween yet!!! 

@Spurt   Valerie has a few in November, and then she needs a break for her own family holidays, though I heard he say she is now working on next year's decor, poor girl.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt   Valerie has a few in November, and then she needs a break for her own family holidays, though I heard he say she is now working on next year's decor, poor girl.

@mousiegirl

I can see giving Valerie a break but QVC used to have more Home Reflections and Santa Express and other vendor holdiay stuff....and then there were Lisa's more elegant items.(couldnt Alberti take over for these)....and Jill used to have more decor shows....and I guess Ellen has gotten out of the home decor business too....so us decoratingnistas are left with fewer options.... I remember last year when Jill said her Friday Holiday Shows were changed to gifts .....yet her decor shows seemed to do better in terms of sales....SMH!!!  In fact QVC's Home category seems to be doing well in their financial reports.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

I can see giving Valerie a break but QVC used to have more Home Reflections and Santa's Reflection stuff....and then there were Lisa's more elegant items.(couldnt Alberti take over for these)....and Jill used to have more decor shows....and I guess Ellen has gotten out of the home decor business too....so us decoratingnistas are left with fewer options.... I remember when Jill said her Friday Holiday Shows were changed to gifts .....yet her decor shows seemed to do better in terms of sales....SMH!!!  

@Spurt  I do so much more shopping for Christmas decor at zulily than here, but I certainly do a lot of damage here, lol.  Zulily has some fantastic Christmas decor up until Christmas and beyond, not every day, some days are great, some nothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

I can see giving Valerie a break but QVC used to have more Home Reflections and Santa's Reflection stuff....and then there were Lisa's more elegant items.(couldnt Alberti take over for these)....and Jill used to have more decor shows....and I guess Ellen has gotten out of the home decor business too....so us decoratingnistas are left with fewer options.... I remember when Jill said her Friday Holiday Shows were changed to gifts .....yet her decor shows seemed to do better in terms of sales....SMH!!!  

@Spurt  I do so much more shopping for Christmas decor at zulily than here, but I certainly do a lot of damage here, lol.  Zulily has some fantastic Christmas decor up until Christmas and beyond, not every day, some days are great, some nothing.

@mousiegirl

All the Zulily fans must buy out the good stuff because whenever I browse on line I never see anything that calls out to me..LOL!...  If I want Christmas stuff from QVC it seems I HAVE TO shop Christmas In July or not see many decor shows...although I must say  I am enjoying the variety of merchandise Valerie has had this holiday season....Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Those of us who love Christmas in July warn every year, that if you don't shop early and enjoy those shows all month, you will not have much to choose from as the holidays actually approach.

I know that QVC, with their horribly slow shipping, has to have holiday decor shows on air and wrapped up by mid November at the very latest, as people want the items in their home before Thanksgiving, as they begin their decorating that weekend. Anything saved to air after that time simply won't have a large enough market and they are full steam into 'gifts' (translated, simply repackaging of the same stuff they sell all year).

I missed the holiday weekly shows with Jill this year (did they have them and I just didn't see them or were they simply not there?), and another year has passed with Lisa gone, and nobody at Q smart enough to put Alberti into the role of Christmas Elegance and give him a show of his own every week. 

But somehow I can often tune into all three stations Q now runs, and find at least two of the three, selling the same category at the same time, and one for beauty, while they run beauty on at least one other station at the same time.

QVC....are you listening?