Honored Contributor

they realize we can buy all this stuff at much less locally?

Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Those of us who love Christmas in July warn every year, that if you don't shop early and enjoy those shows all month, you will not have much to choose from as the holidays actually approach.

I know that QVC, with their horribly slow shipping, has to have holiday decor shows on air and wrapped up by mid November at the very latest, as people want the items in their home before Thanksgiving, as they begin their decorating that weekend. Anything saved to air after that time simply won't have a large enough market and they are full steam into 'gifts' (translated, simply repackaging of the same stuff they sell all year).

I missed the holiday weekly shows with Jill this year (did they have them and I just didn't see them or were they simply not there?), and another year has passed with Lisa gone, and nobody at Q smart enough to put Alberti into the role of Christmas Elegance and give him a show of his own every week. 

But somehow I can often tune into all three stations Q now runs, and find at least two of the three, selling the same category at the same time, and one for beauty, while they run beauty on at least one other station at the same time.

QVC....are you listening?

@Mominohio

I agree....I can see when the calendar changes to Novembe too late for decor shows with shipping time involved....all the more reason for no one to complain about the Christmas In July Shows.....

I think there was only one show where Jill featured Holiday decor ..... It just puzzles me that QVC seems to be concentrating on electronics and beauty items, and as you said on multiple channels at the same time.......HSN concentrated on beauty/electronics and wound up FOR SALE...yet the QVC Execs read their financial reports shake their heads when they see the results, send out serveys and havent a clue !!!!  It's called limited products and reptitiveness and not giving folks the type of merchandise they want! and sell well!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

they realize we can buy all this stuff at much less locally?

@jackthebear

I agree some of the decor stuff maybe overpriced, but if its unique it still seems to sell well............Meanwhile it seems that QVC overstocked their Halo TSV because they are STILL trying to get rid of it......and outdated electronics dont sell well either......and homecooks are complaining they are tired of nothing but copper chef with mixed reviews....and how much cosmetics can one use and need????????? And how many vacuums????  And most folks hate practical gifts anyway...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@softwarewrote:

Christmas starts in July and ends in October.

q

Note to self.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

QVC seems to be stopping the Christmas decor shows earlier and earlier....it seems we could have one or two more .....we haven't even hit Halloween yet!!! 

@Spurt   Valerie has a few in November, and then she needs a break for her own family holidays, though I heard he say she is now working on next year's decor, poor girl.

@mousiegirl

I can see giving Valerie a break but QVC used to have more Home Reflections and Santa Express and other vendor holdiay stuff....and then there were Lisa's more elegant items.(couldnt Alberti take over for these)....and Jill used to have more decor shows....and I guess Ellen has gotten out of the home decor business too....so us decoratingnistas are left with fewer options.... I remember last year when Jill said her Friday Holiday Shows were changed to gifts .....yet her decor shows seemed to do better in terms of sales....SMH!!!  In fact QVC's Home category seems to be doing well in their financial reports.....

Either there isn't much inventory to be sold or there are more "decoratingnistas" than QVC expected.    I wanted a bronze pedestal by Home Reflections and missed it during the past presentation, only silver and gold left.    I like to have items I can use year round, I don't want silver sparkly all year.    At this point in time, I'm sure it won't be re-ordered.   It's not on waitlist either.    Saved money, but haz a sad.     I have the perfect place for them.  They were the perfect size and color.

Regular Contributor

I agree that with shipping, they do have to stop decor at some point, but I think that Jill could have had another show...first or even second weekend of November. There would still be 2 weeks almost until Thanksgiving. JMO. I just enjoy watching them and sad to see them go so quickly!

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON I agree.  Watched Jill today and was disappointed that there was not more holiday decor in the show.  Spent a lot of time on the TSV and Basso's throw.  Lisa's holiday shows were a must for me, sure miss them.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Christmas starts in July and ends in October.

Note to self.

@software  Au contraire...that's just the warm-up  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@DREAMON I agree.  Watched Jill today and was disappointed that there was not more holiday decor in the show.  Spent a lot of time on the TSV and Basso's throw.  Lisa's holiday shows were a must for me, sure miss them.

Lisa will probably bring in more holiday decor and have a couple more shows live on facebook.  Her live shows are fun.  Relaxed, she is proud of the  stuff she has picked out and she has her staff around her for pure entertainment.  You can rewatch them on her page if you missed them.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

I loved when Jill had a theme each week for her Holiday Decor shows. Lisa's shows were so enjoyable on a Friday night after a long work week. AHHH the good old days!