Honored Contributor

Re: Dishaholics - Whatever you do.....

@froggy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy

Well.....thanks for that! NOT!

I was scrolling down through the fall dinnerware page, and quite smugly saying to myself, "Oh, yeah, there is some cute stuff, but nothing I want, I have no desire for any of this".

Then. I. saw. it. 

The Harvest Village Dinnerware. 

Now I have to spend the rest of the night telling myself all the reasons I don't need it . 

Yeah, thanks for that! 

LOL

When I read Froggy's original post, I immediately had to go to the website and look of course.  When I saw the Harvest Village I said to myself - I bet @Mominohio would love these!  Too funny to read your post.

@DecorDiva

Well, I'm obviously sharing way too much here! Now you all can actually choose the dishes I would buy! LOL

Now if any of you can teach my husband what I like and what would be a good buy for me, I'd be willing to pay for that!

@Mominohio

I think it was almost two years ago that I shared some woodland pattern dishes that I had bought at Cracker Barrel and I know you liked them. Did you ever buy any? I keep experimenting using them with different centerpieces and placemats. They had different animals on the salad plates.

Woodland Stoneware Salad Plate - Fox

@froggy

I did!!!! 

I got some square salad/dessert plates and mugs. I got cardinals, foxes, owls, and something else I can't remember. 

I get those out in the fall, and use them clear through the winter. I tend to eat my meals off the smaller plates like that (forced portion control!) and I get a lot of use out of small plates like that. 

I know they added to that line for a couple of years now, and I wonder if they will this year. I never did get any serving pieces or dinner plates or bowls. I'd like to, but well, my dish situation is beyond excessive!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy

Well.....thanks for that! NOT!

I was scrolling down through the fall dinnerware page, and quite smugly saying to myself, "Oh, yeah, there is some cute stuff, but nothing I want, I have no desire for any of this".

Then. I. saw. it. 

The Harvest Village Dinnerware. 

Now I have to spend the rest of the night telling myself all the reasons I don't need it . 

Yeah, thanks for that! 

LOL

When I read Froggy's original post, I immediately had to go to the website and look of course.  When I saw the Harvest Village I said to myself - I bet @Mominohio would love these!  Too funny to read your post.

@DecorDiva

Well, I'm obviously sharing way too much here! Now you all can actually choose the dishes I would buy! LOL

Now if any of you can teach my husband what I like and what would be a good buy for me, I'd be willing to pay for that!

@Mominohio

I think it was almost two years ago that I shared some woodland pattern dishes that I had bought at Cracker Barrel and I know you liked them. Did you ever buy any? I keep experimenting using them with different centerpieces and placemats. They had different animals on the salad plates.

Woodland Stoneware Salad Plate - Fox

@froggy

I did!!!! 

I got some square salad/dessert plates and mugs. I got cardinals, foxes, owls, and something else I can't remember. 

I get those out in the fall, and use them clear through the winter. I tend to eat my meals off the smaller plates like that (forced portion control!) and I get a lot of use out of small plates like that. 

I know they added to that line for a couple of years now, and I wonder if they will this year. I never did get any serving pieces or dinner plates or bowls. I'd like to, but well, my dish situation is beyond excessive!

@Mominohio

The only accesories I bought were a salt and pepper and sugar and creamer - same situation - running out of room! However they changed the pattern a little after 2016. The cardinal pattern now has two males instead of a male and femaie - that's one of my pet peeves when buying cardinal stuff. There are pieces on line now at CB but not really tempted at present.

Honored Contributor

They do have some very lovely things esp. for casual decor like mine. Unfortunately, on top of just spending almost $6000 on new hot water heater and AC unit, we just were told yesterday that DH & I need approx $8000 worth of dental work between the 2 of us.Insurance will pay some of it, but we will be the main payees.And this dentist doesn't accept payment from the ins. co. so we have to pay it all upfront then get reimbursed from ins.

Anyway, no unnecessary spending right now until we get this all taken care of, so no buying any trinkets.

Respected Contributor

@151949
Such a downer having to endure pain physically and in the budget. Hope you get some satisfaction reading about others finds. I will try to join you in holding back on what I don’t need.
Honored Contributor

I would have bought the pillow with the pumpkin  truick on it if I could.

Honored Contributor

I get out my Royal Worcester Evesham dishes about now because they have fall colors on them and peaches and berries and such.  I love them and they are perfect for late summer into fall!  I have tons of them and the serving pices to match.  They make a LOT of baking and seving pieces for this pattern.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I get out my Royal Worcester Evesham dishes about now because they have fall colors on them and peaches and berries and such.  I love them and they are perfect for late summer into fall!  I have tons of them and the serving pices to match.  They make a LOT of baking and seving pieces for this pattern.

Those are pretty!. Great fall colors also. I love fruit and berry themes.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I would have bought the pillow with the pumpkin  truick on it if I could.

Not to go o/t, but your pillow idea sounds so great I had to pursue it.  I googled pumpkin truck pillow and got a ton of results.

I'm not sure what is allowed to be posted since they all are from other vendors, so I'm going to just say Amazon has some really reasonable pillow covers.  Wayfair has some pricey ones, but really nice.  Then there are appliques that are cute if you just wanted to do an accent pillow.