Honored Contributor

Re: Dishaholics - Whatever you do.....

@Big Joanie wrote:

You can put me right in the dishaholic catagory too ... and serving

pieces ..

I once ordered 12 individual butter dishes with dome lids in glass ..

Who did I think was coming the Queen of England ..!!!

@Big Joanie

You go girl! I love it when someone is more messed up than I am when it comes to dish obsessions! I would have had the control to only order 8! LOL

Frequent Contributor

Dishaholic is definitely a perfect description of me.  I love it so much.  Married for 47 years and there is an over abundance in my home.  Entertaining friends and family is what I have been known for most of my married life.

Things change over the years.  As the adult children married and had children as well as other in-laws, sharing holidays and parties in other homes started.  Truthfully, when we have dinners and parties now in our home, it wears me out.

Paper plates anyone? lol Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I have no trouble finding something I like.

Honored Contributor

@PattyShell wrote:

Dishaholic is definitely a perfect description of me.  I love it so much.  Married for 47 years and there is an over abundance in my home.  Entertaining friends and family is what I have been known for most of my married life.

Things change over the years.  As the adult children married and had children as well as other in-laws, sharing holidays and parties in other homes started.  Truthfully, when we have dinners and parties now in our home, it wears me out.

Paper plates anyone? lol Smiley LOL

@PattyShell

I hear you! My mind and my heart are in it all the way for full on entertaining with all the trimmings and dishes. 

My body on the other hand, says Whoa! Slow down!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I got a catalog today with sampling.  No room for a single new plate.

I got a Pier 1 catalog today but so far I've avoided looking at it. If (and when) I do, I know I'll buy something. And, like you, I don't have room for any more dishware.

Honored Contributor

I saw these dishes on QVC one day and went nuts.  Only $40. a set so I got two.  They're out in the garage still boxed.  They appealed both to my contemporary and Southwestern sides plus I have all the placemats, napkins, runner, and even serving pieces that will go with them.

20180122_175619.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Those are nice!

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

pieces ..

OMG, @Big Joanie, I'm laughing out loud at this one! Toooooo funny...and good on you for admitting it. But, we are all pretty much in the same boat. I'm probably the worst of the lot. To put it simply, I have TONS and TONS of entertaining stuff. Yet, I hate to entertain!!!!! I'll never forget shopping with my best friend years ago when I was buying this, and that, and the other thing. And she simply said to me, "Yep, you're buying all that stuff for the party you will never have." Ohhhhhhhh dear.     

OMG .. I hate entertaining too ...!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

pieces ..

@Big Joanie

You go girl! I love it when someone is more messed up than I am when it comes to dish obsessions! I would have had the control to only order 8! LOL

Well you know .. in case one breaks !!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I saw these dishes on QVC one day and went nuts.  Only $40. a set so I got two.  They're out in the garage still boxed.  They appealed both to my contemporary and Southwestern sides plus I have all the placemats, napkins, runner, and even serving pieces that will go with them.

20180122_175619.png

If I saw these, you'd be the first person I'd think of @Kachina624!

The perfect Southwestern vibe for sure. 

Love the attention to detail making the finish look so much like the old turquoises stones I remember my grandma having in her jewelry.