Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dishaholics - Whatever you do.....

I agree with @froggy....I like Autumn Bliss

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

You can put me right in the dishaholic catagory too ... and serving

pieces ..

I once ordered 12 individual butter dishes with dome lids in glass ..

Who did I think was coming the Queen of England ..!!!

@Big Joanie

I probably wouldm't have gone that far but I totally get it! I am the same way with table linens. When I find something I like I have to have sizes for the round dinette table, the oblong fining room table and at least 8 to 10 placemats. Just in case.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

You can put me right in the dishaholic catagory too ... and serving

pieces ..

I once ordered 12 individual butter dishes with dome lids in glass ..

Who did I think was coming the Queen of England ..!!!

OMG, @Big Joanie, I'm laughing out loud at this one! Toooooo funny...and good on you for admitting it. But, we are all pretty much in the same boat. I'm probably the worst of the lot. To put it simply, I have TONS and TONS of entertaining stuff. Yet, I hate to entertain!!!!! I'll never forget shopping with my best friend years ago when I was buying this, and that, and the other thing. And she simply said to me, "Yep, you're buying all that stuff for the party you will never have." Ohhhhhhhh dear.     

@pupwhipped  Like you, I have tons of dishes for entertaining, enormous platters from Italy, large bowls, etc., all bought decades ago when I entertained every weekend, but do not any longer.  Hopefully, DD can use them one day, if not, she has a lot of selling to do, lol.

Lol re what your friend said to you.  I finally stopped buying dishes, no more room, and eventually, every madness must end, lol.  I have moved on to buying other things, but have slowed down, no more room to store.

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Do not look at the Fall dining items on the Pier One website! They have some of the cutest dishes I have ever seen. And I need Fall Holiday dishes like another hole in my head.

@froggy I got one of their catalogs in the mail yesterday....haven't looked yet.

I did tablescapes for three years on a blog and acquired a massive amount of dishes. I absolutely love them but I am out of room.  

I will try and bypass the dishes on the website and in the catalog. Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Do not look at the Fall dining items on the Pier One website! They have some of the cutest dishes I have ever seen. And I need Fall Holiday dishes like another hole in my head.

@froggy I got one of their catalogs in the mail yesterday....haven't looked yet.

I did tablescapes for three years on a blog and acquired a massive amount of dishes. I absolutely love them but I am out of room.  

I will try and bypass the dishes on the website and in the catalog. Smiley Tongue

@Regal Bee

I love looking at tablescapes! Are any of yours archived on an existing blog somewhere? When I need ideas I like to go to Between Naps on the Porch for tablescapes.

I would kill to have a butler's pantry so that I could buy more dishes and have them all accessible.

Respected Contributor

@froggy  I love Susan's BNOTP blog!  Did you follow her when she was building all those cabinets in her garage for her tablescape items!  What a job that was.

I also like her friend Marie and all her tablescapes.   I like Marie's entire home when it is shown decorated for the holidays.  Wow!

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@Regal Bee

I love looking at tablescapes! Are any of yours archived on an existing blog somewhere? When I need ideas I like to go to Between Naps on the Porch for tablescapes.

I would kill to have a butler's pantry so that I could buy more dishes and have them all accessible.

@froggy  Yes, I joined Susan for her Tablescape Thursdays during 2009, 2010 and 2011 almost on a weekly basis. She was the one who got me into tablescapes and dishes.....so I blame her. Ha. I have scores of pictures and perhaps I will post some one day. I think I have posted a couple, already.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy

Well.....thanks for that! NOT!

I was scrolling down through the fall dinnerware page, and quite smugly saying to myself, "Oh, yeah, there is some cute stuff, but nothing I want, I have no desire for any of this".

Then. I. saw. it. 

The Harvest Village Dinnerware. 

Now I have to spend the rest of the night telling myself all the reasons I don't need it . 

Yeah, thanks for that! 

LOL

When I read Froggy's original post, I immediately had to go to the website and look of course.  When I saw the Harvest Village I said to myself - I bet @Mominohio would love these!  Too funny to read your post.

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy

I was scrolling down through the fall dinnerware page, and quite smugly saying to myself, "Oh, yeah, there is some cute stuff, but nothing I want, I have no desire for any of this".

Then. I. saw. it. 

Now I have to spend the rest of the night telling myself all the reasons I don't need it . 

Yeah, thanks for that! 

LOL

When I read Froggy's original post, I immediately had to go to the website and look of course.  When I saw the Harvest Village I said to myself - I bet @Mominohio would love these!  Too funny to read your post.

@DecorDiva

Well, I'm obviously sharing way too much here! Now you all can actually choose the dishes I would buy! LOL

Now if any of you can teach my husband what I like and what would be a good buy for me, I'd be willing to pay for that!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy

Then. I. saw. it. 

Yeah, thanks for that! 

LOL

@DecorDiva

Well, I'm obviously sharing way too much here! Now you all can actually choose the dishes I would buy! LOL

Now if any of you can teach my husband what I like and what would be a good buy for me, I'd be willing to pay for that!

@Mominohio

I think it was almost two years ago that I shared some woodland pattern dishes that I had bought at Cracker Barrel and I know you liked them. Did you ever buy any? I keep experimenting using them with different centerpieces and placemats. They had different animals on the salad plates.

Woodland Stoneware Salad Plate - Fox