Trusted Contributor

Re: Countdown to Christmas In July!

@Mominohio wrote:

@MTH wrote:

I can't wait as well.  Its already way too hot down here in South Florida so CIJ will be welcome.  For all of you JS fans...Jim has begun introducing his 2018 Christmas pieces on his website. I'm hoping he brings some of his new White Woodland Collection to the Q, maybe at a little better pricing and he always seems to have at least one new piece exclusive to the Q.  I know I'll be watching his show on July 1st for sure.

@MTH

I have yet to buy a Jim Shore piece, and that White Woodland Collection is really captivating to me. 

My big hold out in his things has been that when I find a piece I love, with just the right shades and colors, he inevitably throws one pop of something in that in my opinion, just doesn't go with all the rest of the colors, and it ruins it for me. 

That Woodland collection seems to be much more muted and that doesn't happen. I'd love for the right piece to come along as I have wanted to buy from his line for years.

@Mominohio  I love his Santas in particular and started collecting just his Santas several years ago.  I try to get ones that are different where he doesn't just use the same colors or patterns so they had to be unique for me to go for them.  Of course, since then, I've made some friends on these Forums who have coerced me into some of his other collections (snowmen, witches). Bad influences...LOL.  I did start on the White Woodland Collection too but have been a bit more picky when getting those. There seem to be more of those pieces coming out within the next few months on the JS website but sometimes the Q does better pricewise. I'm sure you would like them. They are definitely more muted than his usual color palates. Let me know if you take the plunge this year when Jim is on.

Respected Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Don't have any more room for decorations .bought so much .ast year ,I think if my husband sees anything more for christmas he will have a hissy fitI .will  watch though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MTH wrote:

I can't wait as well.  Its already way too hot down here in South Florida so CIJ will be welcome.  For all of you JS fans...Jim has begun introducing his 2018 Christmas pieces on his website. I'm hoping he brings some of his new White Woodland Collection to the Q, maybe at a little better pricing and he always seems to have at least one new piece exclusive to the Q.  I know I'll be watching his show on July 1st for sure.

@MTH Allways liked JS! I've been buying his snowman ornaments for the past few years for my SIL as part of her hostess gift. They are usually muted in color. She already had a LOT of large snowmen, so the little guys are perfect!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TenderMercies  I think I spent less last year, but I still spent plenty, lol, so hopefully this year I can use some sense, so out of room.

Though I didn't buy the Scott Brothers' deer, I have a pair of very large, heavy bronze, one standing and looking alert, the other grazing,  a resting deer to go with the standing would look great. Smiley Happy

I should pull all Christmas decor out of storage and sit in the middle of it during the shows.  If that doesn't cure me of buying, I am utterly hopeless, lol.

@mousiegirl  I can't wait to see what you buy this year. LOL 

Actually, I'm with @TenderMercies and the Scott Bros. deer.  I have the Bronze one and would love to get a resting one or grazing.  I really love the one I have.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  I can't wait to see what I don't buy, lol.  

My daylilies are beginning to bloom, and I think of you. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

People it is only June 7th and way too early to think about Christmas or the other holidays- it is over 100 in AZ so Christmas is definitely an afterthought- I think it is horrible that retail of any kind puts their stuff out so early, sometime it just has to stop- oh and I am sure Lisa Robertson will be following suit with her stuff also which is way over priced, you can get better through Valerie or Michaels

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Funny, I think of you too because I know how many new daylily plants you added to an already large collection.  I do love them and they multiply so rapidly that I have shared with others and now the ones I gave plants to are sharing with people.  Talk about getting a big bang for a buck. Our plants are coming into bloom now but a bit later than usual due to a cold Spring, I think.

I'm hoping to be really good when CIJ rolls around. I have purged so much Christmas decor that it makes no sense to add more at this time.  I think it will be fun to use more of what I have left instead of buying all new.

Hoping to just enjoy the shows and others purchases. I will look at the Reindeer and wreaths even though I don't need anymore, they are always tempting to me.

Enjoy your garden and all of the daylily blooms.  I'm sure I will be spending a lot of time in the swing out by the creek admiring all of the flowers.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Funny, I think of you too because I know how many new daylily plants you added to an already large collection.  I do love them and they multiply so rapidly that I have shared with others and now the ones I gave plants to are sharing with people.  Talk about getting a big bang for a buck. Our plants are coming into bloom now but a bit later than usual due to a cold Spring, I think.

I'm hoping to be really good when CIJ rolls around. I have purged so much Christmas decor that it makes no sense to add more at this time.  I think it will be fun to use more of what I have left instead of buying all new.

Hoping to just enjoy the shows and others purchases. I will look at the Reindeer and wreaths even though I don't need anymore, they are always tempting to me.

Enjoy your garden and all of the daylily blooms.  I'm sure I will be spending a lot of time in the swing out by the creek admiring all of the flowers.

@lucymo  I am giving my UPS regular guy daylilies, irises, and other plants that take care of themselves.  He and his wife have three little boys, one a year old, so she has her hands full, but he said she would love to have whatever I give. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Im with the rest of the South/Southwest ladies---It's been so hot here already with record breaking temperatures..(I HATE SUMMER and LOVE CHRISTMAS!)...Im ready to tune in to some Christmas shows and think about those cooler days ahead.....And I know I don't need not one darn Christmas thing.....But I know I will probably cave in with another Jim Shore piece............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”